From Moscow to St Petersburg, discover Russia’s wealth of culture and history
Russia’s story is big enough to burst a bookshelf. This 8-day Premium adventure will guide you through the country’s multi-layered history and deep-rooted culture. Get to the heart of Russia’s heritage in Moscow, marvel at diverse architecture in the Golden Ring town of Suzdal, walk in the footsteps of Tsars in Strelna and experience old-world opulence in St Petersburg. Travel with an experienced local leader who will help to solve the riddles of a country that for so long guarded their treasures from the west.
Our biggest sale of the year has been extended! Up to 25% off trips. Valid on trips departing 1 Dec 21 - 14 Dec 22. Book by 3 December.Terms & Conditions
Join in local life and customs in the Golden Ring town of Suzdal as you share a traditional meal in a Russian home and take part in a pastry making demonstration.
Soak up the atmosphere of Moscow’s Red Square and Kremlin, and marvel at the opulence of Peter the Great’s grand palace, gardens and fountains in Peterof.
Discover treasure-upon-treasure at the incredible art collection housed in St Petersburg’s Hermitage Museum, with the expert guidance of an art historian.
Enjoy an elegant feature stay in a prestigious location – your hotel sits on the beautiful grounds of the Konstantin Palace, former home of the Romanov Tsars.
Step into the resplendently decorated Polovtsov Mansion for a tour of the historical building, followed by an unforgettable private concert paired with champagne.
This trip is a comfortable way to see the highlights and learn the history of Russia’s most iconic sights, using private transport and high-speed day trains.
We pack a lot into this short itinerary, so be prepared for days full of activities. We highly recommend staying additional days in St Petersburg and Moscow to get the most out of these fascinating destinations.
We recommend packing light and compact for this trip, as you will need to be able to carry your luggage on and off trains.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Premium Russia trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Please provide the following details exactly as they appear in your passport at the time of booking so that we can book your train tickets. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases, you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket if an amendment occurs.
• Your full name (first, middle, last)
• Passport details (number, nationality, issue, expiry dates, date of birth)
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information