Discover tradition and flair from Moscow to Berlin ticking the iconic highlights of European Russia and the Baltic states.
Taste mystery and intrigue on a revealing tour of Russia - a land that lay hidden behind the Iron Curtain for decades. Experience the grandeur of Moscow, the beauty of Russia's ancient capitals Suzdal and Novgorod, and the grace of St Petersburg. Visit the intricately detailed cathedrals, historic monuments, age-old treasures and romantic landscapes of this great nation, and find the heart of enigmatic Russia. Experience the diverse delights of the Baltic states on this adventurous journey through Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Germany. From the medieval spires of Tallinn and the funky bars of Riga to the Baroque-styled quirks of Vilnius, hidden delights await. Visit colourful markets, be immersed in art and architecture and trek past Lithuanian lakes.
Book now and save on trips departing to September 2019. Hurry, offer ends 31 October 2018.Terms & Conditions
Red Square has long been at the heart of Russian history – visit the austere mausoleum of Lenin, the initiator of the 1917 Russian revolution, contrasting with the eye-bulging treasure collection in the Kremlin and Armoury Museum
Discover the secrets of Russia’s oldest kremlin in Novgorod and see the Millennium Monument, which tells the story of 1,000 years of Russian history
Share in traditional tastes with a visits to the homes of our local friends in Suzdal & St Petersburg for a hearty home cooked meal, piles of pancakes and endless cups of tea
Experience the joys of train travel as we traverse by high-speed Sapsan train and on an overnight sleeper from Moscow to Novgorod.
Encounter the legacy of Russian tsar Peter the Great while exploring the enigmatic streets that showcase the many palaces and museums of St Petersburg.
With its perfectly preserved medieval wall and watchtowers, Tallinn's quaint Old Town is a great place to explore on foot
Aukstaitija National Park offers unique opportunities for both activity and relaxation. Kayak across pristine lakes, indulge in home-cooked meals and cleanse yourself in a traditional sauna
Warsaw's Uprising Museum offers a thought-provoking insight into the 1944 Polish resistance against Nazi Germany
Cycle along the endless dunes and stunning beaches of Lithuania's Curonian Spit National Park on a full-day bike tour, making a visit to charming Nida village
History is signposted on every corner of Berlin. The empty shelves of Bebelplatz, the Holocaust Memorial, the confronting Topography of Terror, and of course the remains of the Berlin Wall are just some of the sites paying homage to the city's dark past
This trip includes an overnight train journey. Conditions are simple but comfortable – a truly Intrepid experience and a great way to meet, and travel like, the locals. There is a toilet/bathroom and compartments with bunks/berths. Please note that we travel 2nd class on all overnight trains (4 people per compartment). While we always try to have our groups staying together, there may be times where due to ticket availability the group will be staying in different compartments and carriages.
As well as overnight train travel, we experience a variety of different transport types on this journey high-speed train, public & private bus, metro and of course plenty of exploring on foot.
Some of the accommodation along the way is basic, staying a guesthouses with shared rooms and bathroom facilities.
Please note that on occasion Lenin's Mausoleum and Red Square may be closed to the public during regular opening hours without prior warning.
1. A Single Supplement is bookable on this trip, with the exception of Day 2 and Day 4, subject to availability.
2. In order for our local operator to book train tickets we require the following information at time of booking or no later than 31 days prior to departure.
• Passengers full name
• Full Passport Details (number, expiry, issued)
• City of Birth
Please note that the above information needs to be the same as your travelling passport, any wrong information provided may result in extra personal expense to reissue train tickets.
3. To avoid disappointment we recommend that you book any theatre performances that you wish to attend in Moscow or St Petersburg in advance. If you wish to book the theatre performances in Moscow, please book for Day 1 of the trip. There's no time in the evening on Day 3 to see the performances because we return to the city in the evening. And there's no time to see performance in St. Petersburg on Day 6 in the evening as we are visiting the local communal apartment.
4. Please note that this is a combination trip which saves you from the hassle of making multiple bookings. But your tour leader and group composition will change on Day 8 and you will be unaccompanied on the train from St. Petersburg to Helsinki.