Catch a break and hit the beach with a surfing stopover in beautiful Santa Teresa.
With some of the most consistent surf in Costa Rica, Santa Teresa is the ideal place for a surf trip whether you’re a newbie or an experienced barrel-bandit. With included lessons and board hire, you can count on Costa Rica to provide the salty goods.
Fall in love with Santa Teresa’s laid-back vibe and quality, consistent waves.
Head home with a head start on your new hobby.
Make it an uber-wholesome trip with plenty of yoga classes and spas in town.
Central America is tropical, so expect a hot and humid climate. Make sure you protect yourself from the sun, wear comfortable, light clothing and stay hydrated
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Costa Rica Beginner Surfing trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. The shuttle service departs San Jose Downtown or San Jose Airport between 7:30-8:00 am on Day 1. If you can't arrange a flight that will arrive in time, we'll be happy to book additional accommodation in San Jose for you (subject to availability).
2. The shuttle returns to San Jose Downtown or San Jose International Airport by 1 pm on Day 4. Please do not book a departing flight prior to 16:00 (4 pm).
3. You will be picked up on Day 1 from the Joining Point Hotel listed in the Essential Trip Information Document. Pick-up will take place between 7:30-8:00 am in the Hotel Foyer.
4. If you require pick up from another hotel in Downtown San Jose or from the San Jose International Airport, please inform your booking agent at least 7 days prior to departure.
5. This Short Break Adventure is a ‘join in’ departure, which means you are not accompanied by an Intrepid group leader. This trip will run with a minimum of one person, so you may be joined by other travellers booked on the same date as you, or you may be on your own.