We’re friends, you and me. We understand each other. We’d spend our last dime on a ticket to ride, we treat our travel stories like gold, our passports like diaries. We’re born wanderers, fernweh is in our blood, #wanderlust is probably tattooed on our hearts.
And we kind of feel like the list below was written from INSIDE OUR BRAINS. You know you’re a born traveller when:
1. When you’ve had a bad day at work and suddenly find yourself searching Spanish language courses and ‘weather in Nepal in August’.
2. When you buy clothes based on your next hypothetical travel destination. (I’m looking at you strange linen pants).
3. When bahn mi and pad thai and ramen are exceptional breakfast options.
4. When you pack three weeks worth of clothes into an overnight bag. And then quietly judge everyone at the airport with a suitcase.
5. When you find yourself obsessively scrolling the #wanderlust hashtag on Instagram at midnight and mentally cataloguing all of the places you still have to go.
6. When you can’t commit to a party invitation next month because you just saw a last minute sale on flights to Asia.
7. When you have a secret drawer of tacky souvenirs that you would never display in public but you could also never throw away because, memories.
8. When catching the train to work triggers an inappropriate travel memory that makes you laugh, on your own, in public, for far too long.
9. When you are probably a little too comfortable sharing the details of bathroom visits with complete strangers.
10. When the holes in your shoes are proof of how brilliant your last adventure was, and you will never throw them away, not ever.
11. When you consider yourself a world champion in foreign language charades.
12. When you impulsively buy toiletries that are 100ml or less, because you are a hand luggage ninja.
13. When the sound of a roommate snoring becomes pleasant white noise.
14. When you walk two hours out of your way because you heard the best gelato in Rome is found in an obscure suburb on the edge of town.
15. When you look at a travel brochure and know it’s not a case of ‘if’, but ‘when’…
16. When your Facebook newsfeed is made up of unidentifiable people you met briefly on the road.
17. When you’ve learnt the art of sleeping anywhere, anytime, even with chickens on your lap and a whole family on the seat next to you.
18. When an annoying pop song from five years ago immediately transports you to a bar in a foreign city when you owned the floor.
19. When sunrise is a challenge, and you accept.
20. When you have a bank of inspirational travel quotes memorised for anyone who questions your life choices.
21. When the world makes you feel small and infinite at once, and you’re grateful every day that you’re lucky enough to explore it.
All gifs c/o GIPHY.
A few of these struck a chord, didn’t they? Don’t deny who you truly are. Jump on an Intrepid adventure and get back out there.