Employment with Intrepid
As an Intrepid employee, there's more to work than the job you do. It's about becoming part of an energetic and diverse global family, with a zest for life and a lust for travel.
We work hard to maintain an environment that hits the right note between professional and fun - because it's our belief that people are more inventive when inspired, more productive when passionate and more resourceful when recognised. And with offices around the world, there's always plenty of opportunities for fun, adventure and career development with Intrepid.
Current employment opportunities
The Intrepid Group (Intrepid Travel, Peregrine Adventures & Geckos Adventures) is looking for a Digital Marketing Coordinator to join our Digital Marketing team to drive stellar growth and brand engagement! If you are an analytical and creative thinker with strong technical skills looking to break into the adventure/travel industry, this could be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for! We’re looking for someone to dive in and get their hands dirty. You will have to think creatively in how to continue to push growth KPIs for the North America market. This person will touch most aspects of our marketing programs and will work collaboratively across the team. Sound up your alley? Read on and apply!
We offer an open work environment, great travel perks, full benefits, 401k matching, generous leave allowances and company-sponsored outings. We also take the time to invest in our community through volunteerism and philanthropy.
- Complete research (campaign analytics, competitor sites and marketing, industry trends) to determine new opportunities for the web, campaigns, email, and other revenue driving channels
- Manage the PPC agency, supply them with campaign creative, guide them in testing & optimization, and ensure we are hitting KPI targets
- Manage the affiliate agency, supply them with campaign creative, and ensure we are hitting KPI targets
- Purchase display media to support campaigns as needed
- Analyze overall digital media performance and track against targets
- Assist the email specialist in getting creative developed and tracking results
- Work collaboratively with partnership team to ensure we have the most up to date lists and are retargeting them / following up with email
- Work towards constant optimization of customer lifecycle on the website (Drupal)
- Build engagement on our social media channels (facebook & twitter)
- 1-2 years’ experience in marketing, with at least one year of digital marketing experience
- Basic HTML experience required
- Some understanding of PPC, affiliate marketing, SEO, social media & all associated KPIs
- Experience working with Adwords and CMS (Drupal preferred)
- Self motivated and results oriented
- Excellent project management, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in a web analytics tool, preferably Google Analytics
- Strong data management skills, interpretive ability
- Long term improvement focus, while maintaining flexibility in a rapidly changing work environment
- The ability to prioritize, self-manage, and seek help when necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience
- Based in our Petaluma office.
- Work in an office filled with fun people passionate about travel!
SEND COVER LETTER & RESUME TO HIRING MANAGER: MAYA.MARKOWITZ@INTREPIDTRAVEL.COM
If you are a business leader who loves real adventure, leading and developing a diverse team, and the challenge of working in one of the world’s most iconic regions - then a General Manager role with a PEAK Destination Management Company could be just right for you.
Intrepid Group is a world leader in adventure travel. As a global collective of specialist tour operators and destination management companies (DMC’s), we are committed to our travellers enjoying the best experiential holiday available. We currently have 17 DMCs with a vision to grow this number. We currently have vacancies for our Nepal DMC based in Kathmandu, and a joint role managing our Vietnam and China DMC based in Hanoi with some travel to Beijing. We are also taking expressions of interest for locations yet to be announced.
Reporting to the Managing Director, PEAK DMC, you will be responsible for managing the day to day operations, as well as the long term development of the business. You will provide leadership to enable the company to achieve its goals, by promoting business profitability, monitoring performance, developing new business and effectively utilising resources to deliver the best travel experiences ever for our clients.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a motivated and competent individual who can demonstrate significant past success in a similar or mid-level operational management role. Your strengths will include your ability to work both strategically and ‘hands on’ in the business. You will possess superior people management skills and experience in providing change leadership to an organisation.
Tertiary qualifications in a business-related discipline, and prior experience in a tourism or logistics environment will be advantageous. Your experience in financial management, along with your high levels of initiative and integrity, will ensure your success. Sharing our love of people, culture and environment, your interpersonal skills will be outstanding and you will follow this through with the ability to get the tour on the road, from the ground.
This is a fantastic opportunity to challenge yourself and take the next step with products that our people are truly passionate about. Don't wait; apply now as applications will be assessed as they are received (details below).
*As we have multiple roles available. Please list the location you currently reside in and other locations you would like to be considered for.
Do you want to join a company consistently ranked by Outside Magazine as one of the Best Places to Work in the United States? Do you have outstanding customer service skills and a passion for travel? Then apply to join our team as an Adventure Specialist (aka Sales and Customer Service Specialist).
POSITION PURPOSE : Maximize sales of Intrepid Group products to US direct consumers by offering exemplary customer service by phone and email; close sales, and accurately enter customer and product data into the booking system. Be part of a dynamic team of specialists, utilizing a personal passion for travel and company resources to create the best experience for customers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Travel industry course and/or direct experience within the travel, hospitality, or retail industry.
- Personal and/or professional travel experience to Intrepid Destinations.
- Experience working with computer booking systems or customer resource management systems
- Experience with telephone based customer service
- Experience working in a sales position
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel) and Google applications
- Well-rounded international travel experience
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent phone manner and technique
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- High standards of customer service
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- An understanding of and commitment to Intrepid’s Responsible Travel philosophy
- Friendly, flexible, adaptable Team player Responsible and reliable
- Passion for travel in the Intrepid style
- Ability to use multiple programs and online tools concurrently to access booking and product information
Excellent customer service and product knowledge
- Politely and informatively respond to all customer enquiries and requests by phone or email within the same business day
- Participate in in-house product training sessions
- Achieve high scores on service and knowledge survey
- Treat every specialist’s customer as you would your own
- Handle complaint and conflict situations using best practice guidelines
Accurate, complete and timely sales entered in bookings system
- Passenger details and products entered in booking system per Intrepid standards
- Detailed and timely transaction notes of all relevant customer contact entered in bookings, providing a running timeline of the booking
- Correspondence from external teams documented in files
- Invoices sent in a timely schedule
- Pre-departure emails sent timely with pertinent travel details
- Expired options and late payments reviewed and actioned daily
- Web bookings actioned daily
- Answer every phone call with the intent of closing a sale
- Maintain a reliable system to track and follow-up with sales leads, and make follow-up sales calls when appropriate
- Develop a strong relationship with each client so next time they travel, they choose Intrepid again, and they recommend Intrepid to their friends
- Contribute with the entire sales team in achieving monthly sales goals
Excellent internal communication
- Efficiently communicate client questions to Intrepid operations offices and other teams around the world to ensure the smoothest possible response (pleasant and clear language with specific call to action)
- Save new operations/trip information in a central folder and communicate updates with co-workers
- Advise appropriate teams of required updates to trip notes and website
- Keep up-to-date with Company communication through intranet
- Attend monthly sales and marketing meetings to learn about promotions and marketing for the month ahead
- Actively support marketing campaigns and enthusiastically communicate to clients
- Attend events as requested and happily share Intrepid with prospective passengers
- Provide feedback to marketing team on campaign results and customer response to campaigns
Please provide a cover letter with your application (this is your chance to showcase your personality and communication skills)
Applications without a cover letter or international travel experience will not be considered.
Only US Citizens or Permanent Residents with a valid work permit will be considered for this role.
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is an exciting opportunity for someone to join the Direct Sales team here in Melbourne.
The following skills are highly sought after:
- Previous Retail Travel sales experience
- Passion for our Brands
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent sales skills
Are you looking for a change? Do you want to speak directly with Intrepid Group travellers about their exciting travel plans and lead them through the bookings from start to finish?
We are taking applications for a Direct Sales Consultant here in Melbourne. Applications will be accepted until 21 April 2016.
To apply, please provide a cover letter answering the below questions:
- Describe your most memorable travel experience
- List of countries you’ve visited
- Why should you be shortlisted for this role
Our Sales Manager is a dynamic leader who can manage the day to day functions of the Toronto Inside Sales department, actively sell as part of their role plus influence and drive the team to achieve their monthly and annual goals.
We're incredibly proud of our small family of staff who each bring their unique skills and experience to our talent pool. In Intrepid offices around the world, you'll find dedicated, hard working people, who are passionate about what they do and thrive in a fun, positive team environment.
Here are just a few ways you might forge out a career with Intrepid:
Become a Travel Specialist
Our specialist travel advisors have an abundance of experience, a wealth of knowledge and a passion for amazing adventures. If you've racked up your fair share of passport stamps, come from a background in travel or simply have a thirst for adventure and sensational people skills - there might just be a job with your name on it in one of our offices around the world.
Become a Group Leader
Do you want to make a career out of showing your country to the world? Are experienced in group tours or travel? Then it's time to consider a career as an Intrepid Group Leader. Our leaders come from a diverse range of backgrounds and experience, and share our passion for responsible travel. Key attributes such as high-level organisation, problem solving and people skills are essential to ensure you've got what it takes to give Intrepid travellers the most incredible experience.
Join our industry sales team
Are you passionate about travel, skilled at making sales and have great attention to detail? If so, the Intrepid Industry Sales team might be just the place for you. This team are at the heart of our business - its trips, trips and more trips, 24-hours a day! In fact you are almost always on someone's holiday! Servicing the needs of direct sales, wholesale agents and web customers, you could be talking to an agent one minute and emailing a potential holiday-maker in Europe the next. Sound like the right mix of fun and variety for you?
Where we are in the world?
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
It is Melbourne where the Intrepid story began although the team has increased dramatically from the days Darrell and Manch were a two man band working out of their kitchen! This is the biggest Intrepid office in the globe and based in the cosmopolitan CBD.
Alton, Hampshire, UK
Based approximately an hour from London the Alton office is a pretty market town surrounded by beautiful countryside. The office is bright and open planned and staff regularly get involved in some competitive table tennis competitions!
Petaluma, California, USA
Overlooking the Petaluma River and the hills of Sonoma County this has to be one of the most attractive work environments for Intrepid staff. It was ranked 33rd in the 100 best places to work by the American Outside Magazine.
Tucked away in Toronto’s fashion district, our Queen St. W office space is truly a hub for adventure. This open space fosters an environment of open communication, collaboration and creativity. The office itself offers a relaxing lounge space, foosball table and two beer fridge’s, meaning there are no shortage of spots to celebrate a big win or a job well done!
Nestled between one of Germany’s favourite cities, Munich, and the Alps, Holzkirchen, is a great place to work, not only at the time of the legendary Oktoberfest. With a half hour train ride from Munich downtown and located at the A8 Autobahn the office is easy accessible for commuters. We are a small team, but we plan to expand.
Working for Intrepid can often be a fairly social affair, like team lunches in Hanoi, yoga sessions in the Beijing office or 'Frock up Fridays' in Melbourne - we always make time to supplement our busy working lives with some fun and frivolity.
The thing that sets Intrepid apart is that all staff are encouraged to be themselves, make suggestions and share their ideas - even the crazy ones. After all, Intrepid Travel was born from a crazy idea two backpackers had while on holiday in Africa!
Office-based hiring process
The job application process with Intrepid is nice and straighthforward. Just a few simple steps and you’re on your way to beginning the adventure of a lifetime.
Once you’ve identified a vacancy that suits your talents and requirements, please ensure you have your CV ready in an electronic format. Answer some simple questions related to the job you’re applying for and attach both to an email directed to the relevant location
If you are shortlisted the first stage of the process may involve a telephone call to discuss your CV and career aspirations in more detail. This is also a great opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about life at Intrepid.
Short-listed candidates will then be invited in to meet us in person. The initial interview will be a mix of behavioural and role specific questions and there is the potential for second round interviews to take place.
The final selected applicant will be given a verbal offer of the position, followed by confirmation in writing. The time frame for placement varies but generally may take between 2-4 weeks.
- Rostered days off (RDO) - each permanent full time employee may be eligible to one RDO per month to encourage work place flexibility.
- Staff Travel Discounts - each permanent full time employee is entitled to a discount off Intrepid trips
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Intrepid offers an EAP program which provides employees and immediate family members with assistances in times of hardship. We want to ensure our employees are safe and happy inside and outside of work.
Training and development
To keep up with the growing needs of the business, we also regularly create new roles and reengineer existing positions - which means we can offer opportunities for multi-skilled members of staff to redefine and grow their roles within the business, or try their hand at something different entirely.
Reviews are held every 6 months with each office staff member, where issues such as future development, training opportunities and performance are discussed and evaluated. This maintains healthy two-way communication between employees and managers.
At Intrepid, we not only recognise the importance of continued learning and development - we support it. All staff may be entitled to study leave and can apply for financial support for external training programs, short courses or tertiary study.
Being an international company, we adopt a blended approach to learning that involves training in a face-to-face ‘classroom’ setting, online training via webinars and virtual ‘classrooms’ where employees from across the globe interact. Regular courses and workshops are also run by both internal staff and professional facilitators, on topics ranging from product specific training to conflict management and customer service.
Plenty of people grow up wanting to forge a career in travel - and why wouldn't you? Breathtaking sights, golden sunrises, eye-popping cities… we're inclined to agree that it's the best industry there is! In the interest of helping out the next-gen of travel gurus, Intrepid offers students the chance to do work experience in our Melbourne office.
As we receive a high volume of requests, all students must contact our HR Department, well in advance to be considered. Please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your name, email and phone number
- The course you are doing
- Details of how long a placement you need, and likely dates
- Your area of interest e.g. sales, operations
- Your skills and experience. What are you really good at?