Glide across the emerald waters of Vietnam's Halong Bay on a junk boat
Prepare to be whisked away from the cosmopolitan streets of Hanoi to the serene landscape of the World Heritage-listed Halong Bay. Cast away on a traditional junk boat and set sail through hundreds of limestone karsts that rise dramatically from the emerald waters of the bay. Sit back, relax and soak up this epic landscape while enjoying scrumptious meals cooked on board. Relax on deck with friends, chat to the friendly crew, meet the locals as they row between boats or explore the myriad of hidden caves by kayak. This short trip is the perfect way to add a few days of well-deserved relaxation onto any Vietnam adventure.
Experience the natural wonder of thousands of limestone karsts that rise from the Bay on a cruise through this World Heritage site
Sail back in time with an overnight stay on a traditional-style wooden boat, and awake to the unique misty morning sights of this strange paradise of green waters and rocky islands
Feast on a sumptuous meal as the boat anchors in the heart of the bay, then take to the deck to see the stars and moon illuminate the water and peaks
Halong Bay is one of Vietnam’s most iconic sights, and this must-see must be seen on a classic Junk Cruise
On a two full day, efficient but comprehensive extension, you can experience staying overnight on Halong Bay.
As this trip stays overnight on the boat there is somewhat less time for local interaction, but take the time to relax and enjoy the spectacular views.
This trip operates on a join-in basis. You will join in with other travellers, who have potentially booked on a different trip, or through other companies.
Included activities for the Original and Comfort style short break are the same, but you can choose the style of boat accommodation that suits your preferences. This gives trip gives you the convenience and security of booking this highlight destination before you arrive.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Halong Bay Junk Cruise trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This Short Break Adventure starts at 7.00am on Day 1, and finishes at approximately 5.30pm on Day 2.
2. You will be picked up on Day 1 from the Joining Point Hotel listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary. Pick-up will take place between 7.00 - 7.30am in the hotel foyer.
3. If you require pick up from another hotel in Hanoi's Old Quarter, please inform your booking agent at least 14 days prior to departure. Pick up from alternative hotels will take place between 7.30-8.00am.
4. This trip is operated by one of our local partners in Vietnam and therefore you may be joined by a mixture of Intrepid-booked passengers and other travellers during activities.
5. The maximum number of travellers is indicative of maximum number of travellers during join-in activities only.
6. Kayaking ban in Halong Bay: Due to a recent ban by the local authority, kayaking is no longer allowed in Halong Bay. Your kayaking activity will be replaced by a sampan boat ride.