Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A
PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR
CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
As a condition of participating in this contest, you agree to be fully and
unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Intrepid Travel and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the
contest or these Official Rules. By submitting the photographs you are agreeing to the licensing terms as outlined in clause 12 of the competition terms and conditions.
The winner of this prize must be able to travel before October 31, 2015 on one of the available Real Food Adventure Vietnam departures. The winner will be given the opportunity to showcase some of their best foodie pictures on the Intrepid Travel social media platforms, if they are in accordance with Intrepid Travel's photo guidelines.
We love viewing and sharing our travelers’ snaps from around the world but we do have some guidelines around the publication of photos on our site. If you are not seeing your photos appear, it may be for one of the below reasons:
Intrepid needs to make sure all photos are within guidelines before they are published. This process can take up to 48 hours.
The required minimum file size (of images) is 1024 x 768, Hi Res, JPEG files. Please send the highest resolution version of your image possible.
This is a travel photo platform. Pictures of weddings, school trips, family BBQ’s etc. may not qualify.
It must be a color photo. Black and white images can't be accepted into the competition. We also can’t accept photos that could cause offense, go against our Responsible Travel Guidelines or are graphic in nature.
Photos need to be of high resolution and clear. If it is pixelated, blurry, too dark, out of focus, it may not be published.
Photos that have been highly manipulated may not be published.
Pictures with the photographer’s logo/name/contact details on them may not be published.
Only shortlisted photos will be uploaded to the site during final judging weeks.
Terms & Conditions
Intrepid Travel Pty Ltd
Conditions of Entry and Eligibility
1. Intrepid Travel North America, 201 N. 1st st, Petaluma, CA, USA (Promoter)
2. Any willing and eligible participant in the competition
1. Theme and Conditions of Entry
Participation in Intrepid Travel’s Annual Food Photography competition is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
The Competition is open to all US and Canadian citizens aged 18 and over, except employees of the Intrepid Travel (or related bodies corporate), and members of their immediate families and agencies associated with this Competition.
3. Dates of Competition
The competition commences May 11th, 2015- June 15, 2015. All entries must be uploaded to the Promoter’s website at http://www.intrepidtravel.com/intrepid-eats, or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using the hashtag #Intrepideats before 11.45pm PST May 31st, 2015. Judging will take place from June 1, 2015 - June 15, 2015.
(a) Entries may not be acknowledged or returned. Participants have the obligation to ensure entries are received on time. Intrepid Travel can choose to keep or remove images from the Gallery on completion of the competition should they wish to do so. Entrants can request removal of their images via the promoter.
The Competition will be judged between June 1 to June 15 by Intrepid Travel's partner judges: Perennial Plate, BrokeAss Gourmet and The Bookery Cook. 2.This competition is one of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on originality and creative merit. The judges’ decision in relation to all aspects of this Competition is final and binding on all who enter and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Number of Entries & Type of File
Participants may enter as many images as they like through any of the entry methods. Images minimum file size requirement applies of 1024 x 768 Hi Res JPEG files. All files must be submitted with your name, contact details and the location each image was taken in. If used in our brochure, social media or email, the image will be credited to you. Pictures that appear on the Intrepid website will not be credited. Please note that while we endeavor to publish as many photo competition entries as possible in our brochures, we cannot guarantee that all will make the pages.
Please send the highest resolution version of your image as possible.
6. Incomplete, Illegible or Incomprehensible Entries
Any entries, which at the sole discretion of the Promoter are deemed incomplete, illegible or incomprehensible will be invalid and will not be included in the judging. Participants will be advised when their images are accepted or rejected from the event via email.
7. Verification and Disqualification
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and participants (including a participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any participant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. Entry Method
To enter, participants must accept the terms and conditions of this competition and:
a) Submit an appropriate JPEG, TIF or RAW file and upload to the Promoter’s website at http://www.intrepidtravel.com/intrepid-eats
(b) Post to their own social media page using the hashtag #intrepideats
9. Prize Winners and Prizes
(a) The best entries as determined by the judges in the final judging round and will be deemed the prize winner. The judge’s decision will be final.
(b) Prize: Categories and Prize Conditions
Winner secures a trip for two people on the Real Food Adventure- Vietnam trip code TVZY with round trip airfare included up to $1,500 per person.
1. The prize is for two spots on any Intrepid group trip.
2. This prize cannot be redeemed during the following black out periods. For trips in all countries from 15th December 2015- 31st December 2015 Europe, North America and East Africa trips 30th July 2015 – 30th September 2015. And must be redeemed before October 31, 2015.
3. This prize cannot be used on existing bookings or in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
4. It is not transferable and is not redeemable for cash or exchange.
5. Not included in the prize are the arrival tax, departure tax, any additional meals, any additional accommodation and your spending money, trip kitty (Africa only) or any travel visas required.
6. Prize is only valid for Intrepid operated trips not those run by local partners such as Peregrine, Geckos, Dragoman, Trek America and Exodus.
7. The trip is subject to availability and confirmation by Intrepid Travel and must be taken on or before October 31, 2015. No extension is available.
8. Please refer to the booking conditions available here at http://www.intrepidtravel.com/booking-intrepid/booking-conditions
9. Prize redemption and trip booking must be made directly with Intrepid
10. A minimum number of paying travelers (4) is required before a trip can be confirmed; this is regardless of the normal trip minimum number. Travel is subject to booking availability.
11. The trip must be booked by September 31, 2015 otherwise it will be deemed to be forfeited by the winner. Please refer to Intrepid's Booking Conditions at www.intrepidtravel.com - standard booking conditions apply.
12. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either provide an alternative travel destination to the same value as the original prize or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
13. Contacting Winners
(a) The winner(s) will be contacted by email, using the contact details provided in their entry profile. Details of winner(s) may also be published openly through the Promoter’s email, newsletter and the website
(b) Winners will not unreasonably decline the opportunity for additional publicity or promotion of their work as the winning entries
By entering the Competition, each participant warrants to the Promoter that the entry (including but not limited to the photograph provided) and any other work subsequently submitted is an original artistic work of the participant, has not been wholly or partially copied from any other design or artistic work, and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. The participant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition. Talent release forms must be available on request for any photos containing persons.
15. Ownership of Entries
By submitting the photographs (i) you are agreeing to grant Intrepid Travel (and its providers and affiliates) a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence without charge to use, reproduce, publish and display any or all of their entry or entries for use in marketing materials pertaining to the promotion it's product, services or other promotions.
Each winning entry will receive a prize pack and in return grants Intrepid Travel (and its providers and affiliates) a non-exclusive worldwide license to use any of their entries in any media, including publication on the Promoter’s (and its providers and affiliates) website for an unlimited time for the purposes of promoting its products, services or other promotions.
Each Eligible Entrant grants Intrepid Travel the right to request at any time during or reasonably after the Promotion for a non-exclusive worldwide license to use any of their entries in any media, including publication on the Promoter’s (and its providers and affiliates) website for an unlimited time for the purposes of promoting its products, services or other promotions.
16. Personal Information
The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this competition is governed by the Privacy Laws of North America and Canada. Your personal information shall not be provided to any third parties without your prior consent but you do authorize the Promoter to be able to contact you with information pertaining to the competition or related promotions.