Experience Africa travelling through the waterways of Botswana, the beaches of Zanzibar and the savannahs of the Serengeti National Park
Marvel at the crashing white water of Victoria Falls, the unique, sprawling Okavango Delta and the tranquillity of the natural waterholes in the Khama Rhino Sanctuary. Then travel through Zimbabwe, Zambia and Tanzania towards Zanzibar, East Africa’s famed Spice Island. Continue north witnessing Ngorongoro Crater and the big cats of the Serengeti National park. From verdant national parks and remote highland villages, to savannas stretching towards the horizon and roaming herds of elephants, Africa never fails to delight, inspire and move. Come face-to-face with wild animals, explore landscapes rich in natural beauty and meet some of the friendliest people you’ve ever come across on this memorable journey across Africa’s south to the eastern plains.
Support local conservation by visiting the Khama Rhino Sanctuary, the only place left in Botswana where both black and white rhinos reside
Camping on a remote island in the heart of the Okavango wilderness is an experience you’ll never forget. As night falls, the sounds of the African bush are like nothing else
Go wildlife-spotting along the river at Chobe National Park, home of the world's highest concentration of African elephants
Experience the rumble and roar of Victoria Falls from the Zimbabwe side, which gives you the broadest view
Discover the magic of South Luangwa National Park, a highly concentrated arena of noble beasts and exotic wildflowers, on a dawn game drive
Chill out on the northern beaches of Zanzibar enjoying white sand and sparkling blue sea of the Indian Ocean
Explore the home of the Big Five beasts of Africa – the Serengeti, a wildlife arena like no other
Camping out in the Okavango wilderness means digging a bush toilet and going without a shower. For most travellers this is a small price to pay for such a gorgeous remote island location.
The African wild comes alive at sunrise, so there will be some early starts. The thrill of spotting your first lion or rhino is well worth any loss of sleep.
At Usambara Mountains, you'll hike to the beautiful Irente viewpoint. It's not overly strenuous, but a reasonable level of fitness is required.
Camping in the Serengeti National Park with no barriers between you and the animals is amazing, but it's important to heed the safety advice of your leader. You will be briefed as a group on arrival.
Our purpose-built overland vehicles allow for excellent game viewing, equipped with large sliding windows. They have no air-conditioning, however, so they can get dusty and hot at times.
The going can be slow over the long distances and often bumpy roads. A little bit of patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment of this beautiful land!
This is a participatory camping trip, so team spirit is key. You'll be expected to help out with camp setup, food preparation and cleaning.
1. A single supplement is available on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. An optional sunrise balloon ride in the Serengeti National Park is possible on this itinerary. Please see the itinerary above for full details of this activity. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to book this optional activity.
3. This is a combination trip made up of 3 shorter trips. This means your crew and the composition of your group may change in Victoria Falls and Zanzibar.
4. The Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than the maximum group size of 22 as we have a crossover of trips starting and finishing in Zanzibar.
5. This trip finishes upon arrival in Nairobi on Day 37. Please do not book any flights until after 9pm this evening.