Journey through Tanzania and Kenya on an adventure to Nairobi
Cross the stunning scenery of Tanzania - full of incredible wildlife and fascinating cultures - on this East African adventure. From the pristine beaches of Zanzibar, across the lush slopes of the Usambara Mountains, and through the teeming wildlife of Ngorongoro Crater and the endless Serengeti, discover a land where elephants roam, lions hunt and the people welcome you to the heart of Africa.
Wander around Stone Town’s bustling bazaars and fragrant spice markets and receive a guided tour of the spice plantations
Explore the home of the Big Five beasts of Africa – the Serengeti, a wildlife arena like no other
Partake in community activities in Mto wa Mbu with a guided stroll around the farming areas
Take a mind-blowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an open-roof 4X4 for a chance to see the endangered black rhinoceros
Accompanied by a local crew — a leader, driver and cook – you'll be in excellent hands for the duration of your adventure
Camping in the Serengeti National Park with no barriers between you and the animals is amazing, but it's important to heed the safety advice of your leader. You will be briefed as a group on arrival.
At Usambara Mountains, you'll hike to the beautiful Irente viewpoint. It's not overly strenuous, but a reasonable level of fitness is required.
Our purpose-built overland trucks allow for excellent game-viewing, equipped with large sliding windows. They have no air-conditioning, however, so they can get dusty and hot.
The going can be slow over the long distances and often bumpy roads. A little bit of patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment of this beautiful land!
This is a participatory camping trip, so you will be expected to help out with the day-to-day. Embrace the team spirit by helping with camp setup, food preparation and cleaning.
1. A single Supplement is available on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 2pm on day 1.
3. An optional sunrise balloon ride in the Serengeti National Park is possible on this itinerary. Please see the itinerary above for full details of this activity. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to book this optional activity.
4. This is a combination trip made up of 2 shorter trips. This means the composition of your group may change in Stone Town as some group members leave.
5. The Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than the maximum group size of 22 as we have a crossover of trips starting and finishing in Zanzibar.
6. This trip finishes upon arrival at our finish point hotel in Nairobi on Day 13. Please do not book any flights until after 6pm this evening.
Our Zanzibar to Nairobi trips score an average of 4.81 out of 5 based on 16 reviews in the last year.
Trip of a lifetime! Going through the Ngorogoro Crater and the Serengeti and seeing all the wildlifeis something I will never forget. An excellent team of Intrepid staff, a well orgainsed itinerary and such friendly locals. The food was great, just embrace the occasional long drives- it's so worth it!
Review submitted 20 Jun 2017
The Serengeti and Ngorongo Crater are absolute highlights with an abundance of wildlife. Seeing so many Masai in the vicinity and learning many still live a traditional life was a real eye opener. Zanzibar was a tropical paradise. The highlight was our outstanding guide, driver and cook who shared their genuine love for Africa. Then there was the luxury of the Zanzibar northern beaches, the mystery of the maze of Stone Town and many opportunities to explore local villages and get to know some locals.
Review submitted 13 Dec 2016