Explore the wild plains of Kruger National Park and the cosmopolitan streets of Cape Town.
Enjoy an incredible African adventure on this journey from Kruger National Park to the rugged beauty of sophisticated Cape Town. Feel the thrill of spotting one (or more!) of Africa’s Big Five for the first time on a game drive, hear the trumpet of elephants across the plains and learn about the park’s unique ecosystem on a guided walk. Travel to bustling Joburg – a juxtaposing city of mansions and shantytowns – before travelling to the chic streets of Cape Town to learn about the city’s dramatic past. Immerse yourself in the culture, beauty and history of this astonishing region.
But, like an ice-cream in the sun you’ll have to be quick, this sale stops when the clock strikes midnight on Monday 3 July. Grab your summer hat, you’ve got a world to explore!Terms & Conditions
Experience a private game reserve after dark in an open top 4x4 vehicle
Try to spot the Big Five in Kruger National Park on a full day game drive
Take a drive along the Panoramic Route, some of the most stunning scenery South Africa has to offer, on a full day guided tour.
Journey to Cape Town aboard the Shosholoza Meyl in a tourist class sleeper cabin passing arid Karoo, traversing the Hex River Pass and pasing through the beautiful winelands under vast mountains outside of Cape Town.
Relax in the lush environs of Stellenbosch with a glass of wine in hand after a city tour
Take in the beauty of Cape Town's coast while driving along the Cape Peninsula via Cape Point Nature Reserve and the Cape of Good Hope
Prices are based on twin share and a compulsory single supplement applies for solo travellers
This itinerary starts in Johannesburg and includes 2 long travel days to and from Greater Kruger.
Our lodge is located in the Guernsey Private Game Reserve which is located within the Greater Kruger Park ecosystem. It’s about a 40 minute drive to Kruger National Park’s Orpen Gate. On this itinerary you will have Game Drives in both the Kruger National Park and neighbouring Private Game Reserves.
This is one of our Short Breaks and is slightly different to our group tours. There is no group leader but rather a local guide in Kruger and in Cape Town with the idea being that you maintain a level of independence during down time. You'll most likely travel on a join-in basis, which means you may or may not be joined by others for activities and transportation, depending on demand.
The transport to and from Kruger National Park will be in a 13-seater minivan. This is a shuttle service that departs daily. You may be sharing this shuttle ride with other travellers booked on different trips and itineraries to you.
The arrival time of the train in Cape Town is variable as it is a long journey and there are many unforeseen situations that may cause delays. Occasionally due to circumstances you may be transferred to buses to complete the journey in to Cape Town Station.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Kruger & Cape Town by Train trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Prices are based on twin share and a compulsory single supplement applies for solo travellers. Please speak to your booking agent for further information. PLEASE NOTE: The single supplement does not apply for the night spent on the overnight train.
2. This trip departs early in the morning on day 1. It is strongly recommended that you arrive at least one day prior.
3. This trip is a combination of several Intrepid Short Break Adventures and you will not be accompanied by a tour leader. You will have local guides at the Lodge in Kruger and in Cape Town for your activities.
4. This trip travels from Johannesburg to Cape Town by Tourist class sleeper train. The train can only be booked within 90 days of departure. If the schedule changes or we cannot confirm the train trip we will upgrade you to an internal flight
5. The arrival time of the train in Cape Town is variable as it is a long journey and there are many unforeseen situations that may cause delays. Occasionally due to circumstances you may be transferred to buses to complete the journey in to Cape Town Station.
6. A departure airport transfer is included on Day 11 of this short break adventure. Please ensure your arrival and departure flight details are provided to your Travel Agent at least 15 days prior to your departure.
Our Kruger & Cape Town by Train trips score an average of 4.5 out of 5 based on 2 reviews in the last year.
This was our first Intrepid trip and we we're quite satisfied--we are using them again in March. The itinerary was full and quite satisfactory, as was the food, accomodations, food and guides.
Review submitted 03 Oct 2016
Incredible trip! The safaris are amazing. The food was delicious! Try and spend more time in wine lands! Cape Town has a lot to offer.
Review submitted 10 Aug 2016