Visit China and Mongolia before reaching Russia on the Trans-Siberian Railway
Travel across continents and time zones on one of the world's greatest train journeys. Start in busy Beijing before heading to the untamed wilderness of Mongolia to meet its historically nomadic people. Leave Asia behind as we cross into Siberia for some traditional hospitality and stunning natural landscapes in Lake Baikal and then into Russia to arrive in majestic Moscow. This trip will open your eyes to the history, scenery and unique cultures that make up this fascinating region, so climb aboard for the ultimate Trans-Siberian experience.
Experience this incredible bucket-list rail adventure through China, Mongolia, and Russia – one of the world’s greatest and most epic journeys
Stay in the Mongolian wilderness local-style with an overnight in a tourist ger camp
Immerse yourself in Mongolia's rich cultural heritage, from the country’s original Buddhist temple to the city built by Genghis Khan
Discover a way of life that has changed very little since the 18th century with a visit to an ‘Old Believers Village’ near Ulan Ude
Live life on the shores of magnificent Lake Baikal in a Siberian village
Experience a traditional Russian banya – a refreshing steam, wash, and birch branch ‘massage’
Encounter fascinating sights over the 6,000 kilometres from Beijing’s Tiananmen Square to Moscow’s iconic Red Square
Be prepared for some very long travel days on this trip (both on and off the train) – you are crossing the largest country on Earth after all! Settle into the rhythm and enjoy the scenery, your book, or chatting with your fellow travellers or the locals.
Conditions are simple but comfortable – an authentic experience and a great way to meet, and travel like, the locals. There is a toilet/bathroom and compartments with bunks/berths. Please note that we travel 2nd class on all overnight trains (4 people per compartment). While we always try to have our groups staying together, there may be times where due to ticket availability the group will be staying in different compartments and carriages.
Some of the accommodation along the way is basic, staying in ger camps, local guesthouses and homestays with limited facilities. Some facilities are shared and some accommodation has only cold water. This all adds up to a real and authentic adventure.
Be prepared for three vastly different countries and experience all the cultural differences they have to offer, both from your home country, and from each other.
1. A Single Supplement is available on this trip, excluding nights on overnight trains, ger camps and home stays.
2. In order for our local operator to book train tickets we require the following information at time of booking or no later than 60 days prior to departure.
• Passengers full name
• Full Passport Details (number, expiry, issued)
• City of Birth
3. In the case of a genuine crisis or emergency, Our St Petersburg Office can be reached on Tel: +7 911 7033155
4. Please make sure you have access to an additional US$500, to be used when unforeseen incidents or circumstances outside our control (eg. a natural disaster or civil unrest) necessitate a change to our planned route.
5. To avoid disappointment we recommend that you book any theatre performances that you wish to attend in Moscow or St Petersburg in advance.
Our Beijing to Moscow trips score an average of 4.85 out of 5 based on 26 reviews in the last year.
A wonderful and well-organised journey offering a unique experience
Review submitted 24 Jul 2017
Travelling on the train enables a unique insight into the real lives of the chineese, Russians and Mongolians. We loved meeting locals and other travellers on the train, swapping stories, language, games and food to pass the time. It gives a great insight countries that you don't see on the TV or news.
Review submitted 20 Jul 2017