Intrepid's photo competition
How does it all work?
Travellers from all over the world are invited to send in their best travel snaps in digital form. You don't have to be a pro, you just have to have a keen eye and a great travel spirit.
Simply upload your photos and they’ll be ogled and admired by travellers near and far*. Winners are chosen by a panel of photo-loving Intrepidites and after getting a personal high-five from us, will be announced to the world in Intrepid Express, our email newsletter.
The competition closes on 30 June each year. Entries received after this date are entered into the following year's competition.
Each month there is a new theme so to have a chance to be our monthly winner, you’ll need to upload a photo that encapsulates the relevant monthly theme.
*Please note that not all images entered will be eligible for the competition. If they don't follow our guidelines for entry then they won't be accepted or published in our online gallery (see please note below).
Check out last years winners
This years monthly themes
January - Food from the road
Point that lens away from your #deliciousdinner and onto the planet’s most sizzling street food, freshest market produce and finger-lickingest travel snacks. If it’s worldly and delicious, we want it on our plate.
February – Local faces
So much of a person, and of a country, is written on the face. A gap-toothed grin from a carpet merchant in Cairo, a solemn frown in St Petersburg or a big old smile in Cambodia – we want to see them all.
March– Europe & Turkey
Ah Europe…point a lens anywhere and you’ll hit something impossibly romantic. But here’s the test: can you rise above the clichés? Show us Europe and Turkey as we’ve never seen them before. Le challenge is on.
April – Streetview
Street photography is edgy, funny and powerful by turns. This month we want your best shots from street level. Think the back roads of Brooklyn, a cobbled lane in Seville or the sandy streets of Jericoacoara. Show us the street in
May - Friends travelling
You, your best buddy and a big wide world – that’s what we’re looking for this month. But try to avoid the selfie stick if you can. Show us your crew conquering the Annapurna, chilling out in Tulum or paddling down the Okavango. Friends forever.
June - Travel icons
Dust off those Taj shots. Bust out the Great Wall landscapes. This month we’re looking for the world’s travel icons, but not as you know them. Show us our old favourites in a new light. Bonus points if you fit your face in there too.all its glory.
What can you win?
How to enter...
We love viewing and sharing our travellers’ snaps from around the world but we do have some guidelines around the publication of photos on our site. If you are not seeing your photos appear, it may be for one of the below reasons:
- Intrepid needs to make sure all photos are within guidelines before they are published. This process can take up to 48 hours.
- The required minimum file size (of images) is 1024 x 768, Hi Res, JPEG files. Please send the highest resolution version of your image possible.
- No images supplied in hard-copy will be accepted. Only high-resolution digital files will be accepted.
- A maximum of 5 photos per category, per person, per month will be accepted.
- This is a travel photo platform. Pictures of weddings, school trips, family BBQ’s etc. may not qualify unless relevant to the category.
- The photo needs to be in line with the monthly theme. Please see above for full list of competition themes. For example, if the theme is Delicious Discoveries, please upload images of food, drink and feasts rather than landscape pictures (as beautiful as they may be).
- On occasion, we may post pictures that are not on theme but these images will not be eligible for the monthly prize.
- Only shortlisted photos will be uploaded to the site.
- By submitting the photographs you are agreeing to the licencing terms as outlined in clause 12 of the competition terms and conditions.
- View full entry and prize terms and conditions
See other entries and past winners:
South and Central America: Intrepid’s December photo comp results are in
Posted on Fri, 8 Jan 2016
There's nothing like a photo competition to get the Intrepid office dreamily checking flight deals to Rio and wistfully looking out of windows. Cue Central America.Read more
Anything goes: Intrepid’s world famous Photo Comp is back
Posted on Tue, 8 Dec 2015
In November we asked our travellers for their best travel snaps. Period. And once again they blew us away.Read more
Club Med: Intrepid’s May photocomp results are in
Posted on Wed, 3 Jun 2015
Sparkling blue waters, photogenic sunsets, white-washed cliff-top villages and enough je ne sais quoi to keep any photographer blissfully happy for months – that’s the beauty of Club Med.Read more