Experience the beauty of the Annapurna Circuit trekking in Nepal
Trek through the incredible Annapurna region and be awed by the Nepalese Himalayas. These snow-capped peaks, mist-shrouded valleys, isolated communities and remote monasteries will inspire those with a bold spirit and a yearning for a definitive nature experience. Reach altitudes of more than 5,000 m, discover the ancestral traditions of the local people and immerse yourself completely in the spectacular mountain wilderness of the Annapurna Circuit.
- Help Nepal get back on its feet by retuning to the country, and discover how Kathmandu still remains a legendary destination while the post earthquake rebuilding continues
- Learn the illustrious history of the once prosperous hilltop trading town of Bandipur, lost to the minds of most travellers and a delight to wander
- Trek the mighty Annapurnas and uncover a different side of the Himalayas – terraced rice fields, oak and rhododendron forests, all surrounded by stunning snow-capped peaks
- Conquer the climb to the highest point on the Annapurna Circuit, crossing the Thorong Pass at 5,416 metres
- Soak up beautiful views of mastered mountains while relaxing by Pokhara’s Phewa Lake
- This trip involves an 11 day trek at high altitude (up to and above 5,000 metres) – precautions and acclimatisation are undertaken, but be aware of the effects altitude can have.
- An excellent level of fitness is required on this trip, with treks of up to 9 hours a day at high altitude.
- Accommodation on this route is simple teahouses, which also allows you to experience the friendly spirit of the local Nepalese.
- Thorong La pass is occasionally closed in winter months due to heavy snowfall.
- Please read our packing list for required equipment carefully, and remember that you don’t necessarily have to bring it all with you – you can hire/ buy some of it in Kathmandu.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Annapurna Explorer trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
A single supplement is available on this trip and is valid for nights 1 & 15 in Kathmandu and night 14 in Pokhara only. The nature of tea houses means there is not enough rooms for single supplements whilst on trek.
Please bring 2 passport size photographs for your trekking permit to the group meeting.
SELF ASSESSMENT FORM:
Due to the demands of travelling at high altitudes a Passenger Self Assessment Form is required for this trip.
ROAD THROUGH ANNAPURNA CIRCUIT:
There is a dirt road that stretches from Muktinath to Jomsom and Tatpaoni (Days 14-17). When weather conditions allow, we use an alternate track for this portion of the trek to avoid the road as much as possible.
Our Annapurna Explorer trips score an average of 4.79 out of 5 based on 81 reviews in the last year.
Understand it's not going be a walk in the park, will be tough going but definitely worth the effort, absolutely beautiful country and people
Review submitted 18 Jun 2017
Train up. Make sure your boots are comfortable. Pack wet wipes.
Review submitted 07 Jun 2017