Nau+Intrepid Off the Grid Travel Giveaway Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1) Eligibility: The “Nau+Intrepid Off the Grid” Travel Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees, officers and representatives of Nau (the “Sponsor”), and their respective, affiliated companies, vendors, advertising/promotion companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state, municipal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Odds of winning the prize offered will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
2) Timing: The Promotion begins June 3, 2013 and ends June 30, 2013 at midnight
3) To Enter and Redeem prize: Visit www.intrepidtravel.com/nau-travel and follow the instructions for entry. After the user has fully completed the entry form and submitted the required information, they will be automatically entered into the Promotion. Limit: only one entry per person during the Promotion Period.
Note: Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant's entries and that participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Prize can only be redeemed by contacting Intrepid Travel at firstname.lastname@example.org and the prize holder must be able to forward a copy of the winner notification. Intrepid Travel will not contact the winner/or Travel Agent to arrange travel; this is the winner's responsibility.
4) Winner Selection/Prize Draw: A random drawing will be conducted on/about July 8, 2013 from among all eligible entries received on Sponsor's behalf by an Independent Promotion Administrator (the “IPA”), acting as agent for the Sponsor, and whose decisions as to the fair administration of the Promotion and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding. Any entrant selected as the potential Grand Prize winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by mail, phone, or email, and must sign and return to the IPA, within ten (10) days of the date of notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (if U.S. resident) or a Declaration of Compliance (if Canadian resident) or a Confirmation of Eligibility Form, and Liability/Publicity Release (if United Kingdom resident) (collectively, the “Releases”) in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential Grand Prize winner cannot be contacted, the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or he/she fails to sign and return the Releases within the required time period, that potential winner forfeits the prize and the IPA will award said prize to an alternate. Only two (2) alternate winners will be selected, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
5) Prize: There is One (1) Grand Prize being offered, consisting of one of the following trips -- South Morocco Discovery, Active Thailand or Costa Rica Express -- and the Nau products the winner packed for the trip. Trip includes hotel accommodations (double occupancy), some meals (4-9 breakfasts, 1-7 lunches, 0-4 dinners) and local transportation while on the trip. Included activities are TBD. Approximate range of retail value of this prize: $1235 - $1780 + $1000 in flight vouchers (provided by Nau).
6) Prize Conditions: Winner must book the prize package by July 30, 2014 and travel by September 30, 2014. If winner is unable to redeem the package within the time period required, the prize will be forfeited. The package is subject to availability and blackout dates. Prize may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers. Prize valid on new bookings only and cannot be applied to existing bookings. Standard booking conditions apply: [http://www.intrepidtravel.com/booking-intrepid/ways-to-book]. Request must be placed no less than sixty (60) days prior to requested departure date. Winner must obey local laws in regard to lodging restrictions. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to international air fare, food/beverages, travel insurance, passports and other documents related to foreign travel, personal charges at lodging, telecommunication charges, security fees, taxes, gratuities, or other expenses or incidentals are the responsibility solely of winner. Winner's travel companion must be twenty-one (21) years old as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Winner's companion must also execute liability/publicity releases prior to travel. Winner and companion are solely responsible for obtaining documents necessary for international travel, i.e. passports and visas (if applicable). Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply.
7) Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of prize package is $2575 USD. No substitution, assignment or transfer of a prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize or prize component with another of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use, if applicable.
8) Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor’s use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
9) Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Promotion, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and the IPA, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
10) General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11) Release: By receipt of any prize, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, each of their related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize.
12) Limitations of Liability: The Promotion Entities are not responsible for: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technology outage, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in a similar, future Promotion, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
13) Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court of the Sponsor’s choosing, in the state of California, U.S.A.; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Florida, U.S.A.
15) Winner Confirmation: Winner will be announced on www.intrepidtravel.com/nau-travel and via email.
16) Sponsor: Nau 710 NW 14th Ave, First Floor Portland, OR 97209 USA