Explore Africa on an Overland adventure through Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana and South Africa
Travel from Zanzibar to Cape Town through amazing African vistas. Sample the exotic flavours of Spice Island, relax on Kande Beach at Lake Malawi, glide through the Okavango Delta by canoe and keep your eyes peeled for elephants, hippos, crocodiles and lions. This incredible adventure will change the way you see the world.
Chill out on the northern beaches of Zanzibar enjoying white sand and sparkling blue sea of the Indian Ocean
Explore the bustling cities of Lusaka and Harare
Enjoy the many optional activities on offer at South Luangwa National Park
Feel the power of mighty Victoria Falls from the Zimbabwe viewpoint
Camp out in the lush Okavango Delta and enjoy mokoro rides and bushwalks
Learn about the hunter-gatherer traditions of the San Bushmen outside of Grootfontein
Visit the breathtaking Fish River Canyon for remarkable photographic opportunities
We use mokoros (small dugout canoes) to pass through the shallow waterways of the Okavango Delta to get to our campsite for the night.
We use our purpose-built overland vehicles for the duration of this trip. This multi-purpose truck allows for great game viewing with large sliding windows. As such the trucks do not have air-conditioning and conditions can be dusty and hot.
The overland vehicle is large enough to seat up to 22 passengers and carries all the camping equipment needed for the duration of this trip. Therefore the going can be slow over the long distances and often bumpy roads.
This is a participatory camping trip. You will be expected to set up and take down you own tent as well as assist with food preparation and cleaning.
Some passengers on this trip will have been travelling together prior to the start of your trip.
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 January 2017 to 31 December 2017. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2018 - 31 December 2018
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 2pm on day 1.
2. A single supplement is available on this trip except for nights 31-33 in Swakopmund. Please see your booking agent for further information.
3. This is a combination trip and the composition of your group may change in Victoria Falls and Stone Town.
4. The Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than the maximum group size of 22 as we have a crossover of trips starting and finishing in Zanzibar.
5. This trip finishes upon arrival at our finish point hotel in Cape Town on Day 39. Please do not book any flights until after 7pm this evening.
Our Zanzibar to Cape Town trips score an average of 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews in the last year.
An awesome experience in every way - we loved every minute! We would advise potential travellers to read and thoroughly digest all aspects of the trip notes in advance because everything is there.
Review submitted 11 Mar 2017
The trip was a great experience, I would definetely recommend to anybody who's interested to see a new culture and another way of life.
Review submitted 15 Feb 2017