Gifted with tropical rainforests, romantic towns, magical beaches and colourful cities brimming with culture, Colombia could just be South America’s best-kept secret!
Whether you’re seeking adventure sports, flamboyant fiestas, architectural wonders or wildlife encounters - charismatic Colombia is calling.
Top Colombia travel deals
|Departing||Trip name||Days||From GBP|
Our Colombia trips
19 Days From £2,585
12 Days From £1,072
9 Days From £1,225
19 Days From £1,168
19 Days From £1,138
Colombia tour reviews
Our Colombia trips score an average of 4.67 out of 5 based on 92 reviews in the last year.
Cafe Colombia, April 2017
Cafe Colombia offered the perfect mix of adventure, culture, history and of course... coffee!! This country is absolutely amazing.
Review submitted 22 May 2017
Cafe Colombia, April 2017
Colombia exceeded all of my expectations and is the whole package- breathtaking scenery, fascinating culture and history and such accomodating people. Without a doubt this spectacular country is the most incredible place I have visited. Everywhere the locals went out of their way to connect with us- from chatting on the street to going right out of their way to get us on the right metro they are a wonderful example of true community and graciousness.
Review submitted 19 May 2017
Articles on Colombia
Colombia travel highlights
Learn about Colombian coffee on a plantation visit in Manizales
Travel to the top of Montserrate for panoramic views of Bogota
Tayrona National Park
Bliss out beachside in Tayrona National Park
Transport in Colombia
Intrepid believes half the fun of experiencing a new country is getting there, and getting around once there! Where possible, Intrepid uses local transport options and traditional modes of transport - which usually carry less of an environmental impact, support small local operators and are heaps more fun.
Depending on which trip you're on while in Colombia, you may find yourself travelling by:
Accommodation in Colombia
Travelling with Intrepid is a little bit different. We endeavour to provide travellers with an authentic experience to remember, so we try to keep accommodation as unique and traditional as possible.
When travelling with us in Colombia you may find yourself staying in a:
Sleeping in a hammock while staying at a traditional hacienda is an authentic treat for travellers who are happy to forego a mattress for a few days in favour of a real life experience.
Colombia holiday information
At a glance
Best time to visit Colombia
Culture and customs
Eating and drinking
Geography and environment
History and government
Top 10 Must-See Cities of Colombia
Festivals and events in Colombia
Health and safety
Colombia travel FAQs
Intrepid is committed to travelling in a way that is respectful of local people, their culture, local economies and the environment. It's important to remember that what may be acceptable behaviour, dress and language in your own country, may not be appropriate in another. Please keep this in mind while travelling.
Top responsible travel tips for Colombia
- Be considerate of Colombia’s customs, traditions, religion and culture.
- For environmental reasons, try to avoid buying bottled water. Fill a reusable water bottle or canteen with filtered water instead.
- Always dispose of litter thoughtfully, including cigarette butts.
- When bargaining at markets, stay calm, be reasonable and keep a smile on your face. It's meant to be fun!
- Learn some local language and don't be afraid to use it - simple greetings will help break the ice.
- Shop for locally made products. Supporting local artisans helps keep traditional crafts alive.
- Refrain from supporting businesses that exploit or abuse endangered animals.
- Please ask and receive permission before taking photos of people, including children.
- When on community visits or homestays, refrain from giving gifts or money to locals.