- The Intrepid Experience
- About Intrepid
- Booking Intrepid
Up to 15%
OFF AsiaFind out more
2013 BrochuresView. Order. Download.
Au PairsFind out more
Check out our
Family AdventuresFind out more
competitionFind out how to enter
Kili Climb - Rise to
the ChallengeFind out more
EpicFind out more
Late discountsUp to 25% OFF
World TourWatch it now
Check out our
Food AdventuresFind out more
Check out our
Sailing AdventuresFind out more
Meet Vivek Paliwal - India
Is there one ‘real life experience’ that stands out for you?
There are so many! But one of my favourites is traveling in local bus with local people, talking about their lives. One time the bus broke down and my group was given food and water to share with the locals. I was so touched by their love and hospitality.
What is the most special thing about the region you lead in?
Definitely the people, culture and colour. You see people with little means but with huge hearts and smiles, and a positive attitude. It is just incredible and also gives you positive energy.
What is your favourite travel destination and why?
Orchha - because it's close to nature. You can go to the river to see a beautiful sunset, and at the same time you can hear water flowing by and the chirping of birds. It is less populated and people are so innocent and helpful, there are no hassles. It’s a clean, peaceful and a calm place.
What is your favourite travel memory?
Sailing on the Ganges River and camping on an island. Enjoying delicious food that was cooked on cow dung, sitting around bonfire, sharing stories and watching all the stars come out.
What tip would you give to someone who’s seeking ‘real life Experience’ while travelling?
Jump in a local bus and ask people on the bus about places to visit and where to eat. Maybe – if you’re lucky - you'll get yourself invited to a wedding or a festival and will get the chance to really experience the way of life in that place.
Subscribe to Newsletters
- To get knowledge of, learn of, or become aware of, gain sight or knowledge, something previously unseen, unknown or unexpected
- Learn, realise, find out
- Travelling is the ultimate way to discover a new perspective.
- Astonishing; impressive
- Bewildering, astounding, beyond belief
The Serengeti - home to the most eye-popping orange sunsets.
- An instinctive impulse to roam or travel about
- Itchy feet, travel bug
There is no known cure for wanderlust.
- The capacity to endure.
- Supportable, maintainable, ecological
Since opening doors in 1989, Intrepid has had a firm commitment to sustainable travel.
- The act, process, or manner of growing; development;
- Development, evolution, progress
The travel industry has experienced significant growth since travellers started seeking real life experiences.
- New; original; relating to or involving the imagination or original ideas
- Ground-breaking, pioneering, inventive
Innovative developments in online travel have made it easier for travellers to research their dream destination.
- Affected with or dominated by passion or vehement emotion
- Fervent, enthusiastic, avid
The local guide at Angkor Wat was passionate about sharing the history of his heritage.
- Soundness of moral principle and character
- Honesty, truth, honour
Our local operators believe in maintaining the integrity of tourism in their region.
- Enjoyment; amusement
- Exuberance, joy, entertainment
Travellers flock to Thailand for fun in the sun.
- Fearless; adventurous; dauntless
- Brave, courageous, bold
Shackleton was one of the world’s most intrepid travellers.