- The Intrepid Experience
- About Intrepid
- Booking Intrepid
Up to 15%
OFF AsiaFind out more
25% OFF our
Arctic AdventureFind out more
Kili Climb - Rise to
the ChallengeFind out more
Late discountsUp to 25% OFF
Check out our
Food AdventuresFind out more
Check out our
Sailing AdventuresFind out more
Check out our
Family AdventuresFind out more
World TourWatch it now
competitionFind out how to enter
EpicFind out more
Au PairsFind out more
2013 BrochuresView. Order. Download.
Meet Hode - Egypt
I studied History, Egyptology and English for six years, so I love to educate people about our culture and history.
What led you to becoming a leader?
I was born a guide - my name Hode means to guide people on the right path! I studied History, Egyptology and English for six years, so I love to educate people about our culture and history.
What is the most special thing about the region you lead in?
Egypt has a very long and rich history. With so many historical sites to visit that you could never get bored! We also have beautiful desert where people can go on a 4x4 safari and of course snorkeling or diving in the Red Sea.
What is your favourite travel destination and why?
My favorite city is Aswan. It’s quieter than Cairo and the people are so friendly and kind.
What is your favourite travel memory?
Leading a group of nine females! We did things like visiting a local beauty salon where the girls had their eyebrows done!
Any famous/interesting/notable passengers/anecdote?
A member of my group went to have coffee in one of the oldest cafes in Alexandria recently. She took a taxi but left her money belt and passport behind when she got out. We assumed it was gone but after spending two hours at the Tourist Police Department, the taxi driver showed up the hotel where he had picked her up from to return her belongings! She was so happy she cried. I will never forget this moment when a humble taxi driver was the best ambassador of Egypt.
Subscribe to Newsletters
- To get knowledge of, learn of, or become aware of, gain sight or knowledge, something previously unseen, unknown or unexpected
- Learn, realise, find out
- Travelling is the ultimate way to discover a new perspective.
- Astonishing; impressive
- Bewildering, astounding, beyond belief
The Serengeti - home to the most eye-popping orange sunsets.
- An instinctive impulse to roam or travel about
- Itchy feet, travel bug
There is no known cure for wanderlust.
- The capacity to endure.
- Supportable, maintainable, ecological
Since opening doors in 1989, Intrepid has had a firm commitment to sustainable travel.
- The act, process, or manner of growing; development;
- Development, evolution, progress
The travel industry has experienced significant growth since travellers started seeking real life experiences.
- New; original; relating to or involving the imagination or original ideas
- Ground-breaking, pioneering, inventive
Innovative developments in online travel have made it easier for travellers to research their dream destination.
- Affected with or dominated by passion or vehement emotion
- Fervent, enthusiastic, avid
The local guide at Angkor Wat was passionate about sharing the history of his heritage.
- Soundness of moral principle and character
- Honesty, truth, honour
Our local operators believe in maintaining the integrity of tourism in their region.
- Enjoyment; amusement
- Exuberance, joy, entertainment
Travellers flock to Thailand for fun in the sun.
- Fearless; adventurous; dauntless
- Brave, courageous, bold
Shackleton was one of the world’s most intrepid travellers.