St Vincent and the Grenadines Tours & Travel
About St Vincent and the Grenadines
At a glance
|Capital city:||Kingstown (population 25,000)|
|Time zone:||(GMT-04:00) Atlantic Time (Canada)|
|Electricity:||Type G (Irish/British 3-pin)|
Health and Safety
Intrepid takes the health and safety of its travellers seriously, and takes every measure to ensure that trips are safe, fun and enjoyable for everyone. We recommend that all travellers check with their government or national travel advisory organisation for the latest information before departure:
From New Zealand?
Go to: http://www.voyage.gc.ca/
Go to: http://travel.state.gov/
Go to: http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/
The World Health Organisation
also provides useful health information:
Go to: http://www.who.int/en/
St Vincent and the Grenadines Travel Tips
Intrepid is committed to travelling in a way that is respectful of local people, their culture, local economies and the environment. It's important to remember that what may be acceptable behaviour, dress and language in your own country, may not be appropriate in another. Please keep this in mind while travelling.
Top responsible travel tips for St Vincent and the Grenadines
1. Be considerate of St Vincent and the Grenadines’s customs, traditions, religion and culture.
2. For environmental reasons, try to avoid buying bottled water. Fill a reusable water bottle or canteen with filtered water instead.
3. Always dispose of litter thoughtfully, including cigarette butts.
4. Shop for locally made products. Supporting local artisans helps keep traditional crafts alive.
5. Refrain from supporting businesses that exploit or abuse endangered animals.
6. Please ask and receive permission before taking photos of people, including children.
7. Never touch or remove coral from reefs. Also, avoid buying souvenirs that have been illegally removed from the reef.
|City Of Arches: Memories Of An Island Capital||Vivian Child|
|Tales of Bequia||Thomas Carl Thomsen|