›You are hereHome›Get 10% OFF Antarctic Explorer trip (limited availability)
Get 10% OFF Antarctic Explorer trip (limited availability)
We're offering 10% OFF a limited number of spots on our 12 day Antarctic Explorer (6 December departure only)
Is an adventure to Antarctica one of those life-long ambitions on your bucket-list, but you've just never made it happen? Well if you've been waiting for a sign, this is it: with 10% OFF our 12 day Antarctic Explorer trip departing on 6 December 2014, your adventure is within reach.
This offer is available on our triple cabins, and is therefore subect to very limited availability. So contact us today to secure 10% OFF your adventure of a lifetime.
- • Marvel at the spectacular terrain of Antarctica
- • Spot rare birds while cruising through the Beagle Channel
- • Gaze out across the vast Southern Ocean Cross the wild and wintery Drake Passage
- • Scan the seas for whales and seals
- • Pass between crisp icebergs Set foot on the Great White Continent.
The Sea Adventurer (formerly the Clipper Adventure) is a specialised polar sailing vessel, with ice-strengthened hull and all the comforts you would expect on an expedition ship of this calibre. Originally built in 1975, the ship was extensively modernised and refurbished in 1998, with over $13 million invested in its conversion. Whilst the conditions outside on the ice can be cold and blustery, the creature comforts of the ship provide solace from the exterior. All cabins on the ship have views out to sea, and all rooms are equipped with en-suite facilities. The Sea Adventurer is also equipped with a fleet of Zodiacs, enabling excursions to shore for multiple passengers at once, and getting you as close to the extensive wildlife as possible.
Terms & Conditions
Antarctica – 10% OFF the Antarctic Explorer. 6th December departure only. Valid on triple cabins only.
1. The discount is valid on the below departures. Discount level varies dependent on cabin type. Please see below for cabins details. Antarctic Explorer – GQMK. 6th December 2014 Triple Cabins only.
2. The discount applies to new bookings only on the above mentioned departures and cabin types. Under no circumstances can these offers by applied to existing bookings
3. Please quote promo code #11067 at time of booking to receive offer
4. All reservations must be confirmed & deposit paid by 30th April 2014
5. Discount is not applicable on adventure options, additional hotel accommodation or extensions purchased.
6. These offers cannot be combined with any other offer.
7. Intrepid has the right to limit, change or discontinue promotion at any time without notice.
8. Extensions are not permitted on the booking date or travel date.
9. Deposit of AUD/USD/CAD2000, GBP1350, EUR1500, NZD2500, CHF 1750 or ZAR 18000 minimum per person is due at time of booking & is not refundable.
10. Full payment is required 120 days prior to your scheduled departure date.
11. It is a condition of the booking that you and all members of your party have comprehensive travel insurance coverage. Due to the remoteness of the areas in which we travel, travellers must have a minimum $50,000 of emergency medical coverage. Intrepid Travel requires proof of coverage prior to embarkation. The travel insurance policy should also cover trip cancellation insurance, trip delay (interruption or after departure coverage), baggage and repatriation. Intrepid Travel will not be held responsible for delays due to force majeure. Any additional costs accrued will be the responsibility of the traveller.
12. All requests for cancellation must be received in writing. Cancellations received 180 days or more prior to departure, are refunded less an administrative fee of $1000 per person. If cancellation is received between 179 days and 120 days, the deposit is forfeited. If cancellation occurs less than 120 days prior to departure, all payments are forfeited. If full payment has not yet been received, the full penalty will still apply and any unpaid balance is due immediately. To protect the traveller’s investment, we recommend that you obtain adequate trip cancellation insurance.
13. Children. Any child under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent prior to embarkation on any Quark vessel.
14. Voyages many months in advance of departure. Occasionally, we have to make changes both before and after bookings have been confirmed. Quark reserves the right to cancel any service prior to departure, in which case payment will be refunded without further obligation on our part. Please note that in the event of cancellation Intrepid Travel will not be responsible for the cost of any additional travel arrangements beyond the voyage or other items not purchased through Intrepid Travel.
15. Intrepid Travel will make every effort to assist in changing your reservation; however, changes must be submitted in writing a minimum of 120 days prior to departure. If the amendment is possible it will be subject to a $100 change fee per person plus any difference in fare if applicable.
16. Should travellers be unable to take the expedition they originally booked, but would like to travel on an alternate date, it may be possible to transfer deposits or payments from the original booking to an alternate booking, subject to the following conditions: The new expedition must occur within one year of the original expedition date and a request to transfer must be made in writing to Intrepid Travel more than 120 days prior to the departure of the original voyage. Intrepid Travel reserves the right to prohibit transfers on any of its voyages. Should a transfer request be granted, a fee of $250 per person will be charged.
17. Medical forms will be sent to you via e-mail link once the deposit has been received. You must review and complete the forms and immediately return them. Questions that relate to your physical or mental suitability must be completed by a medical practitioner. Intrepid Travel cannot offer medical advice. Medical forms must be filled out in full, honestly and accurately, and disclose all medical history and information. Should your medical situation change after submitting the medical forms, it is your responsibility to advise Intrepid Travel immediately. Quark will review the information submitted and reserves the right to ask for further information, clarity on information, or for documentation from your medical practitioner. Intrepid Travel reserves the right to deny passage to any traveller on reasonable medical grounds. For travellers that book within 120 days of departure, completed medical forms must be received within 7 days of making payment. Intrepid Travel reserves the right to deny boarding, without refund or resulting expenses, to any traveller at the pier for any reason at its sole discretion, including but not limited to in the event that the on board medical officer determines that the traveller has not disclosed accurate medical information
18. All adventure options require a signed Adventure Option waiver, which will be sent to you once you have booked and paid for your adventure option. This form MUST be completed prior to you taking part in the adventure option. The Expedition staff reserve the right to deny participation to any client who has not signed the adventure option waiver, does not follow the rules set out by expedition staff or is not medically/physically able to participate safely.
19. The itinerary described is subject to change at the discretion of the ship’s Master and Quark’s Expedition Leader. This is an expedition to a remote part of the world and Intrepid Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary due to weather conditions, availability of anchorages, political conditions or other factors beyond its control, without consulting the travellers. It is understood that such decisions will be made in the best interests of all travellers aboard and with regard to the safety of the vessel. Travellers have no right to any refund or other considerations in the event of these itinerary changes. Nothing in this brochure or website is meant to signify the use of any specific design or model of helicopter. The images featured are inspirational in character and do not necessarily depict the exact people, animals and places encountered by travellers. The traveller must be in possession of a valid passport and any visas, permits and certificates that are required for the duration of the services provided by Intrepid Travel and shall arrange such vaccinations as are normally recommended for the countries through which they intend to travel. Information about these matters and climate, clothing, baggage, gear, and similar items is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Intrepid Travel.
20. Intrepid Travel has the right to limit, withdraw or change any and/or all discounts and promotions without notice and/or compensation.
21. Charter flights are at an additional cost unless otherwise stated. Intrepid Travel reserves the right to change charter flight costs based on fuel surcharges or increased charter hire rates
22. Trips are subject to availability and confirmation by Intrepid at time of booking.
Why is December a great time to travel to the Antarctic?
- • You will be some of the first travellers in for the season so the landing areas will be in pristine condition (not yet having been trundled on by thousands of people)
- • Less tourists. Undisturbed scenery
- • The scenery is spectacular with the icebergs towering. This is the time when the colours and icescape looks it’s most dramatic
- • It’s courting season for penguins. You’ll see them in abundance
- • Both Fur and Elephant seals mark out their breeding territory.
"In brief, the trip was fantastic, inspiring, all those superlatives. We were very impressed with the ship, the crew, both naturalists and ship’s crew, and the overall organisation. Safety and comfort of passengers were always high priorities."
"Every moment was good, sorry, great, beyond great, whatever word you use, even, if you must, awesome. It's a harvest of memories, and not just the peninsula , but the journey there."
"We were constantly impressed with the professionalism of the Quark crew, and found that they maximised our opportunities to land and be amongst the wildlife every day."
Our small group style of travel means you’ll stay under the radar, travel the local way, eat the local way and sleep the local way.
Small groups, big adventures.
Log into your booking to view and manage your trip details.
Log in here
For groups of all sizes, organise a special departure of one of our pre-existing adventures, or tailor-make an itinerary to one of our destinations around the world.
TICO #50020269 Intrepid Travel is a member of the Travel Council of Ontario