Learn about the legend and legacy of the ANZACs at the 2017 Dawn Service in Gallipoli
On April 25th, 1915, Allied troops landed on the Gallipoli Peninsula. The military campaign that followed was disastrous for the Allies yet came to define the national psyches of Australia and New Zealand. Travel to these solemn battlefields on the anniversary of the landing and wander through Anzac Cove to the Nek and Lone Pine. Walk through the trenches, attend a moving dawn service and hear the stories of heroism and camaraderie immortalised in Australia's Anzac history. This journey provides a great opportunity to pay respect to the fallen of World War I and to reflect on what they fought for.
Book now and save on trips departing in 2018Terms & Conditions
- Pay your respects to the fallen at Gallipoli a moving and educational experience regardless of your age or background.
- Reflect and pay your respects at Lone Pine
- This trip starts early on Day 1 and also a very late finish on Day 2. Please ensure that you allow sufficient time if you plan to travel on these days.
-This is one of our Short Breaks and is slightly different to our group tours. There is no group leader with the idea being that you maintain a level of independence during down time. You'll most likely travel on a join-in basis, which means you may or may not be joined by others for activities and transportation, depending on demand.
-- It is often necessary to carry your own luggage on and off a bus or train and into a hotel. If you need porterage service then this may not be the best trip for you. We recommend a backpack but Wheelie bags are acceptable if they don’t mind the odd cobblestone or two?
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 January 2017 to 31 December 2017. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2018 - 31 December 2018
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our ANZAC Day Dawn Service 2017 trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. There will be up 60 passengers travelling on a large coach bus. Depending on how many passengers booked there may be multiple buses.
2. No accommodation is provided on this tour. You will sleep out under the stars as the ANZAC's did 100 years before.
3. This Short Break Adventure starts at 11am on Day 1, and finishes at approximately 11pm on Day 2.
4. You will be picked up on Day 1 from the Joining Point Hotel listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary.
Following recent safety incidents we recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on travelling in Turkey before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page - www.intrepidtravel.com/au/travel-alerts