FAQ - Private Groups
Is Intrepid the right operator for you?
It is important to understand Intrepid's travel style and philosophy before continuing with your request. We travel in a distinct way and if your group needs differ from what we can provide, we may not be the right operator for you.
Now that you are more familiar with Intrepid's travel style, let's start planning your trip! Lots of questions arise when arranging a private group so we have done our best to answer those here. We guarantee spending 5 minutes reading through these common FAQs now will save us valuable trip planning time down the road!
Once you are finished, please resubmit your request for pricing or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 1-855-394-3021.
How many people do I need to book a private group?
- We require a minimum of 2 travelers! However please keep in mind that the more that book, the less it is per person. There are some destinations around the world (like a safari in Africa for example), where the cost of operating a trip for just a few people may be cost-prohibitive.
- If your party consists of less than 6 passengers, we can only provide one of our "as is" itineraries found on the website for your prefered departure date. However, there may be a groups surcharge for these smaller parties.
- For parties of 6 or more, we can accept requests for custom itineraries.
Is it less expensive to book a private group?
- In general, a group of 9+ will start to show a bit of savings (for pre-designed itineraries). For custom itineraries, it will all depend on your group’s requirements.
Is there a minimum or maximum age allowed on a private trip?
- Our minimum age requirement for all trips is 5 years old (no exceptions). There is no maximum age as long as you are fit and healthy enough to travel.
What are the itinerary possibilities for my private group?
- We can price out a private trip based on one of our pre-designed itineraries found on our website.
- Or we can create a custom itinerary based on any of our current product range.
***If you have a special need or requirement that we currently don’t offer, like a volunteering project, we ask that you assume responsibility for making the connection and let us handle the logistical support (getting there and away, etc.).
What information do you need from me to quote my trip?
- In order to get you a quote back quickly and accurately, it is important that you provide the required information at the time of your inquiry. See the form on the right-hand side of this page to submit this information to our groups department.
- FYI: For accommodation description: Basix/Original/Comfort…please visit the following page for more information http://www.intrepidtravel.com/the-intrepid-experience/our-trips
What will NOT be included in my private group quote?
- International Flights – Our air partner Air Treks can assist with flight arrangements once we've organized your quote.
- Visas – US Citizens go to www.travel.state.gov for visa information. Citizens of other countries, please visit your government’s official international travel website.
- Medical Travel Insurance – Visit our Travel Insurance partner Travel Guard for information. http://www.travelguard.com/intrepid/
PLEASE NOTE: These are only a few of the most relevant things not included for your consideration. For a complete list please see the ‘exclusions’ section of your price quote.
Can you include free of charge spaces for group organizers, hosts, school chaperones, etc.?
- We can include the cost of a free of charge (FOC) spot with any quote. The cost of this space will be averaged out amongst the paying passengers. Please advise us when requesting a price quote whether you’ll need any FOC spots for your trip.
How long does it take to get a quote?
- A quote for a PRE-DESIGNED ITINERARY will generally take 4-5 business days. A quote for a CUSTOM DESIGNED ITINERARY may take up to 5-10 business days or more depending on the complexity of the itinerary and the destination you’re traveling to.
Can you expedite my request?
- There are lots of factors that go into quoting our private groups and because costs are obtained through our local offices, we cannot guarantee a quicker turnaround time.
- Every quote request will be sent to the proper local office (we have over 20 worldwide!) to ensure accuracy and real time pricing.
- We ask for patience with this process as our local teams need to wait for hotel responses, transportation pricing, and leader availability, before they can complete the quote and send it back to us.
- It is important to remember some parts of the world do not move as swiftly as we might expect, but the benefit for a bit of a wait will be the accuracy and thoroughness of the quote.
- In order to help us get you a price quote as quickly as possible, please also keep in mind that each additional revision may require a new price that has to go through one of our local offices again. For this reason, we strongly recommend finalizing your plans before requesting a price quote. We may limit the number of revisions allowed so the more accurate you can make your request the first time, the easier it will be to turn around.
What is the deadline to confirm my trip?
- The deadline to finalize your private itinerary is 90 days for custom trips and 60 days for pre-designed trips. Exceptions can be made on a case by case basis but in general, if your itinerary quote is not completed by the stated deadlines, we cannot accept your booking.
How do I finalize my itinerary quote and confirm my trip?
- Once we have finalized your itinerary and all revisions have been completed we will need a non-refundable deposit of $250 per person if we are outside of 60 days of departure. If we are confirming your itinerary within 60 days of departure, we require the full payment.
- Booking conditions – Please read through Intrepid’s booking conditions. These will also apply to private group departures. http://www.intrepidtravel.com/booking-intrepid/booking-conditions/us
What if I want to make changes to my trip after I have already booked?
- There is the potential to include additional passengers or cancel existing passengers at least 30 days before departure (based on availability). In some cases, cancellation penalties will apply if on ground arrangements have already been confirmed.
PLEASE NOTE: Prices will be adjusted based on final group numbers so your price may decrease with the addition of more travelers or increase if your group numbers diminish.
***Revisions to the itinerary are also possible based on availability, but we will not accept any changes to the itinerary within 30 days of departure!
Submit an itinerary for pricing
REMEMBER: If you fill in all the required fields, we will be able to start pricing your trip immediately!