- The Intrepid Experience
- About Intrepid
- Booking Intrepid
›You are hereHome›MasterChef Nadia Lim joins the Intrepid Travel team
MasterChef Nadia Lim joins the Intrepid Travel team
Intrepid are delighted to announce 2011 MasterChef New Zealand winner, Nadia Lim, as its new food ambassador. With a range of Real Food Adventures in destinations across the world, Intrepid Travel is delighted to celebrate local, urban street food culture with Nadia.
The MasterChef is currently preparing to eat her way around Vietnam on Intrepid Travel’s Real Food Adventure - Vietnam where manic markets, the charming Mekong and masses of pho await.
Nadia will be travelling from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City to savour Vietnam’s culture and cuisine and build on her passion and knowledge for delicious, healthy food. A qualified dietician, Nadia has released two cookbooks, including the recent Good Food Cook Book, and is a TV cook, speaker and food writer for various publications including the NZ Herald’s Bite magazine.
As she sips Bia Hoi beer in a Hanoi beer hall, slurps bun bo hue soup at a local street stall and floats past markets and farms on the way to a homestay on the Mekong Delta, Nadia will be keeping her fans updated on her Facebook page. Upon her return, Nadia will be at Intrepid Travel events in New Zealand, where fans can see her in action during cooking demonstrations and she’ll be popping in to Intrepid’s travel agent partners to share her experiences and tips with agents over the coming year.
“I’m thrilled to join the Intrepid Travel team,” said Nadia. “Their style of travelling is perfect for me – going on real life adventures, travelling and eating the local way, and authentically experiencing a country’s culture. Vietnamese food is taking the world by storm, so I can’t wait to sample some of the best street food in the world, meet the locals and learn from them.”
Intrepid Travel’s Real Food Adventure – Vietnam is part of a range of food trips that celebrate street fare, local specialties, secret home recipes, markets and urban food culture.
Check out Intrepid's Real Food Adventures
- Travel the breadth of Vietnam, from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City, experiencing tranquil Halong Bay, iconic Hue and charming Hoi An, all the while tasting the true flavours of Vietnam.
- Sink your teeth into an unmissable Cambodian food adventure, visiting Battambang, Banteay Chhmar and Angkor Wat. Get to know this unique, time-honoured cuisine that bursts with spice, flavour and freshness.
- Relish the sights and flavours of Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Mumbai and Goa on this exquisite culinary journey through flavourful India.
- Travel to Malaysia to explore the unique cuisine of this South-East Asian country. Indulge in the food of Kuala Lumpur, Melaka and Penang and experience cooking classes, market visits and restaurants in among fascinating cultural activities.
- Discover China and the tantalising sights, culture and food of Beijing, Xi’an, Chengdu and Shanghai – from climbing the Great Wall to tasting the delicious spicy street food of the Sichuan province.
- Travel from Tokyo through Kyoto to Osaka, learning traditional recipes, seeing the sights and dining on some of the world's most refined delicacies.
- Explore the traditional delights of Italian cuisine while travelling through the regions of Lazio, Umbria, Emilia Romagna and Veneto. From Rome to Venice, experience the pasta, pizza, risotto and gelato that make Italian's scream 'amore'.
- Explore Turkey, visiting the mouth-watering cities of Istanbul, Ayvalik, Goreme, Gaziantep and Selcuk, and get an insight into the country’s history, culture and food traditions.
- Visit some of the best culinary cities in Northern Spain and discover the history, culture, sights and incredible food of Barcelona, Logrono and San Sebastian.
- Indulge in mouth-watering cuisine and witness stunning sights on Intrepid's Real Food Adventure - Peru. Explore Lima, marvel at Machu Picchu, take a traditional cooking class and experience the exciting fusion of flavour and culture in Peru.
- Take a culinary tour around Argentina. Learn local recipes, sample spicy ingredients and understand the history that shapes this flavourful, colourful cuisine.
- Take a culinary journey through Mexico, tasting the flavours of Oaxaca, Puebla and Mexico City. From markets through ancient ruins to cooking classes and tasty streetside vendors, this is a real food adventure like no other.
- Travel to Fes, Casablanca and Marrakech on a Moroccan food safari. Master traditional North African recipes of tajine, couscous and pastries in instructional cooking classes. Tour spice markets and souqs, and unwind in a homestay.
- From spicy curries and fresh seafood to tasty hoppers and the sweetest of desserts, Sri Lanka has a delectable cuisine that is as unique as the island itself.
Intrepid Express newsletter features stories from our travellers and staff, special offers and the chance to win a free trip every fortnight.Subscribe to Express today
Order a 2014 brochure
Africa to Antarctica, Trekking to Sailing, Food to Family trips - your next adventure starts with an Intrepid Travel brochure.Order a brochure