- The Intrepid Experience
- About Intrepid
- Booking Intrepid
get one FREE
Up to 20% OFF
AsiaFind out more
25% OFF our
Arctic adventureFind out more
Kili Climb - Rise to
the ChallengeFind out more
Late discountsUp to 25% OFF
Nau + Intrepid
Travel GiveawayEnter to win
Check out our
Food AdventuresFind out more
Check out our
Sailing AdventuresFind out more
Check out our
Family AdventuresFind out more
World TourWatch it now
competitionFind out how to enter
Au PairsFind out more
2013 BrochuresView. Order. Download.
Classic Malaysia & Borneo Overview
- 2013-01-01 - 2013-12-31
Uncover a delightful new corner of Malaysia on this tropical adventure
Come and discover an intoxicating blend of diverse cultures, cuisine, history and nature on this 19 day trip through beautiful Borneo and Malaysia. Enjoy mystical lands of headhunters, spot rare wildlife and delve into ancient traditions. Soak in hot springs, visit tribal villages, meet loveable orangutans and soak up incredible views. Throw into this mix some spectacular highlands, an island getaway and a bustling city or two - and you'll see why we love this corner of South-East Asia.
Classic Malaysia & Borneo SummaryAdd to Shortlist
Made up of 63 islands, Singapore is a thriving country with amazing food, wonderful shopping, lush parks, excellent nightlife and a fascinating blend of cultures.
An intriguing blend of Malay, Indian, Chinese and Portuguese cultures, Melaka has a wealth of interesting architecture, distinctive food and cultural heritage.
Kuala Lumpur blends modern cityscapes with cultural diversity to equal an exciting city full of great food, distinctive suburbs and alluring sights.
Located on a picturesque lake just outside of Kuala Kangsar, a stay in the traditional home of some long-time Intrepid friends offers a truly memorable cultural experience.
Penang - Malaysia's prized island - has a beautiful coastline, wonderful cuisine and its colonial heritage is still present in amongst the modern skyscrapers that tower over Georgetown.
The largest island in the Langkawi archipelago, Pulau Langkawi is an island paradise with white, sandy beaches, pristine jungle and traditional rural areas.
An intriguing city between the Borneo jungle and the South China Sea, Kota Kinabalu has a charm that can only be found in a frontier town.
Featuring beautiful nature trails and diverse flora and fauna, Kinabalu National Park encompasses the lowland tropical forest surrounding the imposing peak of Mt Kinabalu.
Warm sulphur water is piped into several open-air Japanese-style baths at Poring Hot Springs, which are said to have curative properties for the skin.
The busy city of Sandakan has a strong Cantonese influence which is evident in the lively harbourside market, the many Chinese temples and the local cuisine.
Set in lush tropical rainforest, the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre was established to prepare domesticated or orphaned orangutans to return to the wild.
A small village near the mouth of the Kinabtangan River, Sukau is surrounded by protected forest reserves which contain some of Borneo's highest concentrations of wildlife.
One of the larger islands in the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine National Park, Manukan Island is beautiful place to explore, snorkel with tropical fish or simply kick back and relax.
Sabah's historic capital, Kota Kinabalu has interesting museums to explore and the surrounding beaches and islands are perfect for swimming or snorkelling.
What's included in this trip
Treasures of Asia 10% OFF Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia & Timor
1. To receive the 10% discount you must quote promo code 10185 at the time of booking.
2. The discount is only valid on the following selection of trips
TISA Beautiful Bali
TISGC Bali & Lombok Adventure
TISJC Java & Bali Explorer
TISE Jakarta to Ubud
TIST Sumatran Highlights
TTSIC Bangkok to Bali
FBL Monkeys & Volcanoes
TMSC Sabah Adventure
TMSXC Best of Borneo
TMSW Wild Sarawak
TMKMC Classic Malaysia & Borneo
TMKP Classic Malaysia
FMH Flavour of Malaysia
FBA Borneo Family Adventure
TSSX Phuket to Ko Phi Phi Sailing
TSSY Ko Phi Phi to Phuket Sailing
TMKTC Classic Malaysia & Thailand
TMSM Bangkok to Singapore
TTKK Highlights of Thailand
TTSBC Classic Thailand East Coast (May - Oct)
TTSEC Thailand Adventure East Coast (May - Oct)
TTSK Explore Northern Thailand
TTSLC Best of Thailand & Malaysia
TTSN Beautiful Thailand
TTSP Thailand Discovery
TTST Thailand Beaches East Coast (May - Oct)
TTSXC Thailand Experience East Coast (May - Oct)
TTXF Active Thailand
TTZBC Classic Thailand West Coast (nov - apr)
TTZEC Thailand Adventure West Coast (nov - apr)
TTZT Thailand Beaches West Coast (Nov - Apr)
TTZXC Thailand Experience West Coast (Nov - Apr)
3. The offer applies to bookings made between 1st June – 15th July 2013 for travel commencing on or prior to 15th December 2013
4. The discounts can be applied to new bookings only. Under no circumstances will the discounts be applied to existing bookings.
5. A deposit of AUD/NZD/USD/CAD/CPH 250, GBP150, EUR200, ZAR2000 is required at the time of booking. For those not residing in the above mentioned countries a deposit of USD$250 is required.
6. Full payment is required no later than 15th July 2013 or within 60 days to departure whichever comes first. If full payment is not received at this time it could jeopardise the status of your booking.
7. There will be no extensions to the travel, booking or payment periods listed above.
8. The 10% discount cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other offers.
9. The discount can be applied to land only bookings, and cannot be applied to airfares, trip kitties, travel insurance, extra accommodation, single supplements or visas etc.
10. Intrepid Travel's Booking Conditions will also apply to the trip booked, and it is imperative that you examine those conditions before booking with Intrepid Travel. The most up to date Booking Conditions are accessible at http://www.intrepidtravel.com/booking-intrepid/booking-conditions
11. As outlined in the Intrepid Travel Booking Conditions, travel insurance is compulsory for all Intrepid Travel travellers and should be taken out prior to or at the time of booking. Please see the Booking Conditions for more details in this regard.
12. The trip is subject to availability and confirmation by Intrepid Travel at time of booking.
13. Trip prices and itineraries are subject to change at any time, including after booking. If there is a significant price change to a trip that is outside the control of Intrepid Travel (for example a significant increase in third party service provider costs), travellers may need to be re-invoiced at the new price. Promotions & discounts will still apply to the new price.
Travellers who experienced this trip have rated it…
99% of travellers say they would travel with us again.