- The Intrepid Experience
- About Intrepid
- Booking Intrepid
get one FREE
Up to 20% OFF
AsiaFind out more
25% OFF our
Arctic adventureFind out more
Kili Climb - Rise to
the ChallengeFind out more
Late discountsUp to 25% OFF
Nau + Intrepid
Travel GiveawayEnter to win
Check out our
Food AdventuresFind out more
Check out our
Sailing AdventuresFind out more
Check out our
Family AdventuresFind out more
World TourWatch it now
competitionFind out how to enter
Au PairsFind out more
2013 BrochuresView. Order. Download.
Classic Borneo & Malaysia Overview
Uncover a delightful new corner of Malaysia on this tropical adventure
Come and discover an intoxicating blend of diverse cultures, cuisine, history and nature on this 15-day tour in Borneo and Malaysia. Enjoy mystical lands of headhunters, spot rare wildlife and delve into ancient traditions. In wild Borneo, soak in the Poring Hot Springs, visit tribal villages in Kudat, travel to Sepilok to meet loveable orangutans and soak up incredible views of Mt Kinabalu. Next, fly to buzzing Kuala Lumpur city, check out historical Melaka and kick back in stunning Langkawi. Jump onboard this tropical tour and discover why we love this corner of South-East Asia.
Classic Borneo & Malaysia SummaryAdd to Shortlist
Nestled between the Borneo jungle and the South China Sea, Kota Kinabalu is a great location to start this adventure. If arriving early, why not get into holiday mode with a beach excursion.
Visit the first capital of British North Borneo, Kudat, which is also the island’s northernmost tip. Make friends with the Rungus people and discover some of their daily rituals.
The Kinabalu National Park is among the most important biological sites in the world, with around 1,000 species of orchid, 600 species of fern and 320 species of bird. Soak up the sublime views of looming Mt Kinabalu on a walk through this stunning region.
Traipse across the jungle rooftop on a canopy walk before slipping into the steaming Poring Hot Springs to soothe tired muscles. Continue on to Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre and fall in love with these beautiful creatures.
Hit the road to Sukau, stopping to visit the Gomantong Caves en route. Continue on to a jungle lodge near Kinabatangan River. Spend free time here relaxing and enjoying the surroundings before spotting local wildlife on a river cruise.
Board a plane back to Kota Kinabalu and spend time relaxing at our beachside location. Toast the end of a great journey with new friends during a farewell dinner.
The cosmopolitan capital of Malaysia is the first stop, with its mix of Chinese, Indian and Malay cultures. Perhaps soak up the view from atop the Menara Kuala Lumpur before being treated to a cultural performance and buffet dinner. Be entertained with traditional dances from around the Malaysian Peninsular and Borneo.
Leave urban life behind and travel into the lush and dramatic Cameron Highlands. This area, a former getaway of the colonial British, is a place of tranquillity and a welcomed escape from the humidity of the jungles. Indulge in a steamboat lunch before heading out to tour the verdant tea plantations. Be sure to sample a few cups of steaming local brew.
Travel to Melaka, a former colonial outpost, which retains a distinctive old-world air. Absorb its character on a trishaw ride through its winding streets and sample flavours of the exciting fusion of Chinese and Malay cuisine in a nonya cooking class.
With miles of white, sandy beaches, lush tropical rainforest and plenty of sleepy traditional Malay villages, Pulau Langkawi is the perfect place to get away from it all. Swim with shoals of colourful fish in the Pulau Payar Marine Park, indulge in a barbecue seafood dinner and take a cable car ride to enjoy spectacular views over this tropical haven. Be sure to spend some time channelling holiday vibes while kicking back on a soft, sandy beach.
From its elaborate Indian temples to its Chinese shop houses and statuesque Islamic mosques, Penang is packed with cross-cultural historic attractions. Take time to tour the magnificent Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion, poke around the antique shops of Chulia Street or enjoy a final group dinner to celebrate the end of this Malaysian odyssey.
What's included in this trip
Treasures of Asia 10% OFF Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia & Timor
1. To receive the 10% discount you must quote promo code 10185 at the time of booking.
2. The discount is only valid on the following selection of trips
TISA Beautiful Bali
TISGC Bali & Lombok Adventure
TISJC Java & Bali Explorer
TISE Jakarta to Ubud
TIST Sumatran Highlights
TTSIC Bangkok to Bali
FBL Monkeys & Volcanoes
TMSC Sabah Adventure
TMSXC Best of Borneo
TMSW Wild Sarawak
TMKMC Classic Malaysia & Borneo
TMKP Classic Malaysia
FMH Flavour of Malaysia
FBA Borneo Family Adventure
TSSX Phuket to Ko Phi Phi Sailing
TSSY Ko Phi Phi to Phuket Sailing
TMKTC Classic Malaysia & Thailand
TMSM Bangkok to Singapore
TTKK Highlights of Thailand
TTSBC Classic Thailand East Coast (May - Oct)
TTSEC Thailand Adventure East Coast (May - Oct)
TTSK Explore Northern Thailand
TTSLC Best of Thailand & Malaysia
TTSN Beautiful Thailand
TTSP Thailand Discovery
TTST Thailand Beaches East Coast (May - Oct)
TTSXC Thailand Experience East Coast (May - Oct)
TTXF Active Thailand
TTZBC Classic Thailand West Coast (nov - apr)
TTZEC Thailand Adventure West Coast (nov - apr)
TTZT Thailand Beaches West Coast (Nov - Apr)
TTZXC Thailand Experience West Coast (Nov - Apr)
3. The offer applies to bookings made between 1st June – 15th July 2013 for travel commencing on or prior to 15th December 2013
4. The discounts can be applied to new bookings only. Under no circumstances will the discounts be applied to existing bookings.
5. A deposit of AUD/NZD/USD/CAD/CPH 250, GBP150, EUR200, ZAR2000 is required at the time of booking. For those not residing in the above mentioned countries a deposit of USD$250 is required.
6. Full payment is required no later than 15th July 2013 or within 60 days to departure whichever comes first. If full payment is not received at this time it could jeopardise the status of your booking.
7. There will be no extensions to the travel, booking or payment periods listed above.
8. The 10% discount cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other offers.
9. The discount can be applied to land only bookings, and cannot be applied to airfares, trip kitties, travel insurance, extra accommodation, single supplements or visas etc.
10. Intrepid Travel's Booking Conditions will also apply to the trip booked, and it is imperative that you examine those conditions before booking with Intrepid Travel. The most up to date Booking Conditions are accessible at http://www.intrepidtravel.com/booking-intrepid/booking-conditions
11. As outlined in the Intrepid Travel Booking Conditions, travel insurance is compulsory for all Intrepid Travel travellers and should be taken out prior to or at the time of booking. Please see the Booking Conditions for more details in this regard.
12. The trip is subject to availability and confirmation by Intrepid Travel at time of booking.
13. Trip prices and itineraries are subject to change at any time, including after booking. If there is a significant price change to a trip that is outside the control of Intrepid Travel (for example a significant increase in third party service provider costs), travellers may need to be re-invoiced at the new price. Promotions & discounts will still apply to the new price.
Travellers who experienced this trip have rated it…
99% of travellers say they would travel with us again.