- The Intrepid Experience
- About Intrepid
- Booking Intrepid
get one FREE
Up to 20% OFF
AsiaFind out more
25% OFF our
Arctic adventureFind out more
Kili Climb - Rise to
the ChallengeFind out more
Late discountsUp to 25% OFF
Nau + Intrepid
Travel GiveawayEnter to win
Check out our
Food AdventuresFind out more
Check out our
Sailing AdventuresFind out more
Check out our
Family AdventuresFind out more
World TourWatch it now
competitionFind out how to enter
Au PairsFind out more
2013 BrochuresView. Order. Download.
›You are hereHome›Destinations›Asia›Malaysia›Borneo Family Adventure›Borneo Family Adventure Itinerary
Borneo Family Adventure Itinerary
Day 1 Kota Kinabalu
Welcome to Kota Kinabalu, capital of Sabah State, a place where ancient traditions and exotic wildlife thrive. Choose to visit the Monsopiad Cultural Village to tour the mystical House of Skulls and learn about ancient legends. The nearby islands are great for swimming and snorkelling.
ACCOM: Hotel - 1
Days 2-3 Kinabalu National Park
Get a taste of Borneo's mountain life heading into Kinabalu National Park, home to Borneo's highest peak Mt Kinabalu. Hit walking trails, explore waterfalls and enjoy a relaxing soak in the thermal pools at Poring Hot Springs. Perhaps visit a butterfly farm or take to the treetops on a canopy walk.
ACCOM: Jungle Lodge - 2
Days 4-5 Kinabatangan Jungle Camp
A local homestay provides the opportunity to interact with villagers, learn about their unique way of life and how they contribute to the preservation of Borneo's ecosystem. Spend a night camping in the jungle, spotting wildlife such as macaques, proboscis monkeys, crocodiles and perhaps even wild orangutans
ACCOM: Homestay - 1, Jungle Lodge - 1
Days 6-7 Sepolik Orangutan Reserve
Visit the Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary to see these cheeky creatures feeding and playing. The following day, meet the residents of the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre where orphaned orangutans are cared for before being released back into the wild. Take a walk along jungle trails and try to spot these 'men of the forest' in their natural habitat.
ACCOM: Resort - 2
Days 8-9 Pulau Tiga National Park/Kota Kinabalu
Enjoy an entire day of beachside bliss at an idyllic island getaway. Swim in the clear, turquoise waters or snorkel among colourful fish and sea turtles. Visit one of the nearby bubbling mud volcanoes or simply relax on one of Borneo's white-sand beaches. Take a boat trip to Snake Island too, a breeding ground for the yellow-lipped sea krait, then return to Borneo's mainland and stay at a seaside guesthouse.
ACCOM: Hotel - 1
Days 9-11 Kota Kinabalu
Today is at your leisure. There are plenty of optional activities on offer here - why not picnic on a nearby island, soak up some sun on the beach or hire a kayak to explore the coastline before the tour ends.
ACCOM: Hotel - 2
Treasures of Asia 10% OFF Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia & Timor
1. To receive the 10% discount you must quote promo code 10185 at the time of booking.
2. The discount is only valid on the following selection of trips
TISA Beautiful Bali
TISGC Bali & Lombok Adventure
TISJC Java & Bali Explorer
TISE Jakarta to Ubud
TIST Sumatran Highlights
TTSIC Bangkok to Bali
FBL Monkeys & Volcanoes
TMSC Sabah Adventure
TMSXC Best of Borneo
TMSW Wild Sarawak
TMKMC Classic Malaysia & Borneo
TMKP Classic Malaysia
FMH Flavour of Malaysia
FBA Borneo Family Adventure
TSSX Phuket to Ko Phi Phi Sailing
TSSY Ko Phi Phi to Phuket Sailing
TMKTC Classic Malaysia & Thailand
TMSM Bangkok to Singapore
TTKK Highlights of Thailand
TTSBC Classic Thailand East Coast (May - Oct)
TTSEC Thailand Adventure East Coast (May - Oct)
TTSK Explore Northern Thailand
TTSLC Best of Thailand & Malaysia
TTSN Beautiful Thailand
TTSP Thailand Discovery
TTST Thailand Beaches East Coast (May - Oct)
TTSXC Thailand Experience East Coast (May - Oct)
TTXF Active Thailand
TTZBC Classic Thailand West Coast (nov - apr)
TTZEC Thailand Adventure West Coast (nov - apr)
TTZT Thailand Beaches West Coast (Nov - Apr)
TTZXC Thailand Experience West Coast (Nov - Apr)
3. The offer applies to bookings made between 1st June – 15th July 2013 for travel commencing on or prior to 15th December 2013
4. The discounts can be applied to new bookings only. Under no circumstances will the discounts be applied to existing bookings.
5. A deposit of AUD/NZD/USD/CAD/CPH 250, GBP150, EUR200, ZAR2000 is required at the time of booking. For those not residing in the above mentioned countries a deposit of USD$250 is required.
6. Full payment is required no later than 15th July 2013 or within 60 days to departure whichever comes first. If full payment is not received at this time it could jeopardise the status of your booking.
7. There will be no extensions to the travel, booking or payment periods listed above.
8. The 10% discount cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other offers.
9. The discount can be applied to land only bookings, and cannot be applied to airfares, trip kitties, travel insurance, extra accommodation, single supplements or visas etc.
10. Intrepid Travel's Booking Conditions will also apply to the trip booked, and it is imperative that you examine those conditions before booking with Intrepid Travel. The most up to date Booking Conditions are accessible at http://www.intrepidtravel.com/booking-intrepid/booking-conditions
11. As outlined in the Intrepid Travel Booking Conditions, travel insurance is compulsory for all Intrepid Travel travellers and should be taken out prior to or at the time of booking. Please see the Booking Conditions for more details in this regard.
12. The trip is subject to availability and confirmation by Intrepid Travel at time of booking.
13. Trip prices and itineraries are subject to change at any time, including after booking. If there is a significant price change to a trip that is outside the control of Intrepid Travel (for example a significant increase in third party service provider costs), travellers may need to be re-invoiced at the new price. Promotions & discounts will still apply to the new price.
Travellers who experienced this trip have rated it…
99% of travellers say they would travel with us again.