Journey from beautiful Bishkek to culture-packed Tashkent
Be entranced by the beauty and the wonder of Central Asia on this 16-day tour from the capital of Kyrgyzstan to the heartland of Uzbekistan. Take in the tranquil landscape of Song-Kol Lake; watch for wild boar and deer around Chychkan Gorge; see a three-storey yurt in historic Osh; and get your fill of mosques and museums in Samarkand. Abounding with ancient culture, divine natural beauty, intriguing relics and friendly locals, this is a journey that will leave you eager to discover more of Central Asia.
Uncover all facets of Samarkand's incredible Registan. This much-photographed public square is one of the true pinnacles of Islamic architecture
Experience for yourself the legend that is Central Asian hospitality
Marvel at the beautiful Song Kol Lake, where in mid-summer you may see flocks of sheep, goats and herds of horses watched over by nomadic herdsmen and their families
Stay overnight in a yurt.
Central Asia is a very remote destination, perfect for intrepid travellers in the true sense of the word! You will venture well away from cities, right off the beaten track.
Accommodation may be more basic than what you are used to, and shower and toilet facilities will be limited in some places. But the rewards of living in true local style in this far-out part of the world are immeasurable.
There will be some long days of driving, often over rough terrain, which can be tiring and will require patience. Take the chance to sit back, marvel at the scenery and embrace the slower pace of life here.
1. Some destinations visited on this trip do not have consulates in Australia and New Zealand. Please see Visa section of the Trip Notes for more information and allow sufficient time to obtain your visas prior to travel.
2. A Single Supplement is available on this trip, excluding nights in yurt and homestays
3. In the case of a genuine crisis or emergency, Intrepid's local ground representative Fantastic Asia can be reached on +996 555 30 30 25 and +86 13279717711.
4. Please make sure you have access to an additional US$500, to be used when unforeseen incidents or circumstances outside our control (eg. a natural disaster, civil unrest or an outbreak of bird flu) necessitate a change to our planned route.
5. Your leader will change at the KGZ/UZB border