Embark on an epic tour of East Africa
Looking to experience the very best that East Africa has to offer? Look no further than this all-encompassing journey from Zimbabwe to Kenya. From the furious beauty of Victoria Falls to the fragrant delights of Zanzibar's spices, and the peaceful shores of Lake Malawi to the modern culture of Nairobi, this trip features changing landscapes, the chance to meet some truly remote peoples and wildlife galore. Spot elephants in Zimbabwe, see lions in the Serengeti and track gorillas in Rwanda. Abundant in natural wonders and colourful cultures, this amazing region is sure to create memories that will last a lifetime.
With gorilla permits included in the price of the trip, seek out the rare mountain gorilla on a trek through Rwanda's steamy forests and spend an unforgettable hour in their presence
Feel the power of mighty Victoria Falls as we view them from the Zimbabwe side
Discover the largest ruins in sub-Saharan Africa. A Unesco World Heritage site, the ruined city was first constructed in the 11th century and is thought to be a royal palace for the Zimbabwean monarch.
Chill out on the northern beaches of Zanzibar enjoying white sand and sparkling blue sea of the Indian Ocean
Explore the stunning Serengeti and discover animals unlike any you have ever seen while camping within the park
Experience the two sides of Jinja, a riverside retreat at the source of the Nile but also the adventure capital of Uganda
At Usambara Mountains the group will do an easy hike to the beautiful Irente viewpoint.
Camp in the Serengeti National Park itself without fences between you and the animals. Your leader will brief you on the safety measures the group will need to take for the 2 nights spent in the park.
Tracking gorillas in the dense forest can sometimes be wet, muddy and uncomfortable. The terrain is by no means easy either, so it can be pretty strenuous and often humid. But the sheer thrill in coming across a habituated group of gorillas, dominated by a great male silverback, more than outweighs any difficulty. You need to be prepared and fit enough to walk up to 4 hours - up and down hill. A top tip is to pack some gardening gloves to assist in any up-hill climbs.
We use our purpose-built overland vehicles for the duration of this trip. This multi-purpose truck allows for great game viewing with large sliding windows. This means the trucks do not have air-conditioning and conditions can get dusty and hot.
The overland vehicle is large enough to seat up to 22 passengers and carries all the camping equipment needed for the duration of this trip. Therefore the going can be slow over the long distances and often bumpy roads.
This is a participatory camping trip. You will be expected to set up and take down you own tent as well as assist with food preparation and cleaning. This makes it quicker, easier, more fun and will bring the group closer together.
Some passengers on this trip will have been travelling together prior to the start of your trip, so they can help you get into the groove quickly.
1.This trip requires a higher non-refundable deposit (AUD1000, USD1000, EUR800, NZD1250, GBP650, CAD1000, ZAR8000, CHF900) in order to secure the included gorilla permit. We also require full passport details at time of booking. Please note that we need to confirm availability of a gorilla permit if you are booking within 45 days of departure. The additional deposit paid at time of booking will be credited to the final balance of your booking.
2. A single supplement is available on this trip. Please see your booking agent for further information. The single supplement doesn't apply to nights 36-38 spent in a dormitory.
3. An optional sunrise balloon ride in the Serengeti National Park is possible on this itinerary. Please see the itinerary above for full details of this activity. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to book this optional activity.
4. This is a combination trip made up of 3 shorter trips. This means the composition of your group may change in Stone Town and Nairobi as some group members leave and new ones join you.
5. The Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than the maximum group size of 22 as we have a crossover of trips starting and finishing in Zanzibar.
6. This trip finishes upon arrival in Nairobi on Day 43. Please do not book any flights until after 9pm this evening.
Our Vic Falls to Gorillas trips score an average of 4 out of 5 based on 1 review in the last year.
My trip was planned around seeing the Gorillas and Zanzibar and then just grew. The Gorillas were amazing - completely meeting my expectations
Review submitted 29 Nov 2016