Jump onboard an exhilarating journey from Cape Town to Victoria Falls and then onto Eastern Africa.
This trip delivers adventure and comfort in equal measures. Travel through these welcoming nations, past stunning scenery, tiny farming villages and modern cities abuzz with activity. Get a dose of wildlife action on exhilarating game drives; learn about local customs and traditions on community visits; spot prolific birdlife on lakes and in rivers; and spend each night relaxing over a tasty meal in comfort accommodation. From the thrill of being on safari to the genuine, real life moments interacting with locals, this Africa Experience showcases the very best of the continents culture, environment, history and traditions.
Devour fresh seafood with great views in Lamberts Bay at an open air restaurant
Canoe along the picturesque Orange River on a half-day excursion
Experience an eerie silence at the Sossusvlei sand dunes from atop of dune 45
Spend 2 nights on a houseboat as your base for exploring the Okavango Delta
Drive through the Elephant Highway between Nata & Kasane
Relax on a sunset cruise along the Chobe River spotting bird life and hippos
The scale of Fish River Canyon is staggering, but stunning African birdlife and a colour-changing sunset makes it so much more than one of the world's largest gorges
Learn more about the Kalahari from the knowledgeable San people as they sing and dance by the campfire
Head out on a morning game drive in open 4x4's in the Chobe National Park
Explore the Makgadikgadi Pans; scenery, sundowners, Baobabs and Meerkats!
Stay in a selection of rustic permanent tented camps and lodges across Kenya & Tanzania's unspoilt wilderness without sacrificing the creature comforts of home.
Experience the thrill of sleeping 'Under Canvas' and drift off to sleep to the sounds of the African night.
Spot endangered black and white rhino stopping for a drink in Lake Nakuru NP.
Watch lions prowling the famous Masai Mara on a 4x4 game drive.
Be astounded by the vast array of wildlife in Ngorongoro Crater in open top 4x4 vehicles.
Try to spot a rare tree-climbing lion at Lake Manyara National Park.
Travel across the endless grasslands of the Serengeti searching for large herds of wildebeest and zebra.
This itinerary includes a half-day canoe adventure along the Orange River.
This itinerary includes 2 nights on a house boat at the Okavango Delta. Cabins are very small and basic with shared facilities.
We use our purpose-built overland vehicles for the duration of this trip. It is important to note that while our vehicles are not air-conditioned, all windows do open to allow for fresh air. But please be aware that road travel in Africa comes with its fair share of dust, so while curtains are fitted to minimize the sun shine, it can get hot and windy.
This itinerary features some long travel days which can be exacerbated by bumpy African roads.
Our overland safaris do not necessitate exceptional fitness levels, but a general level of physical movement is required. For example, you need to judge yourself physically fit enough to handle entering and exiting our vehicles several times a day and must be prepared for some long travel days.
Namibia summer ( Nov-Mar ) can be very hot and humid with maximum temperatures around 30-35°C and peaks of over 40°C in the desert.
Botswana temperatures rise in the hot dry period of September and October before the rains hit and temperatures can get as high as 34-38°C.
Botswana is a very seasonal destination. What you see and experience can differ quite dramatically depending on the time of year you visit. Please consider this before you choose your departure date. See the 'Climate and Seasonal' section for more details.
1. A single supplement is available on this trip. Please note the single supplement does not apply to the nights spent on the House Boat (2 nights) and in Ghanzi (1 night). Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. An arrival transfer is included. Please advise flight details at time of booking, or at a minimum 15 days prior to travel.
3. This is a combination trip made up of 4 shorter trips. This means the composition of your group may change in Windhoek, Victoria Falls, Nairobi and Arusha as some group members leave and new ones join you.
4. Optional sunrise balloon rides in the Serengeti National Park and Masai Mara are possible on this itinerary. Please see the itinerary for full details of this activity. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend you book in advance through your sales agent.
5. This trip finishes after lunch in Arusha on Day 37. Please do not book any flights out of JRO International Airport until after 5pm this afternoon. A departure transfer can be booked for an additional cost.