Discover the colourful cities and desert landscapes of Rajasthan
Colourful and chaotic, mysterious and exotic - welcome to Rajasthan. Explore the fairytale cities of the desert, travel to beautiful palaces filled with treasures of the maharajah and wander through forts with fascinating histories. Marvel at the grandeur of the Taj Mahal in Agra, travel across the Jaisalmer desert on camelback and witness the romantic 'Blue City' of Jodhpur. Be immersed in this intriguing state of India - stay in traditional towns, meet the locals in markets and bazaars, and taste delicious regional dishes. Add a touch of comfort and some very special hotels for a true Rajasthani travel adventure.
The magical splendour of the Taj Mahal is a must-see on any North Indian odyssey. Enjoy a guided exploration of this immaculate icon
If you're not a Bollywood fan already, you might just become one when you go to Jaipur's most spectacular cinema hall
A camel safari through the remote Thar desert is not only a highlight, but provides the perfect balance to the frenetic streets of Delhi and Jodhpur
Travelling by plane, train, rickshaw, private minibus and of course camel, you'll see this beautiful land from many different angles
Is Udaipur the most romantic Indian city? Decide for yourself as you bask in the beauty of this lakeside gem of the north
The tantalising tastes of North Indian cuisine are many, from spicy stuffed bati to sweet saffron-scented kulfi
India is a big country, and you'll cover a fair amount of distance on this trip, so it's important to be prepared for some long travel days.
The weather in the Thar Desert can get very hot in the summer. A hat, sunscreen and long sleeves are recommended if you're visiting during the warmer months.
On Day 10 there's a camel ride through the desert, and basic accommodation. This part of the trip may well be one of the most fun, however.
From April 2017, the main dome of the Taj Mahal will undergo mud pack therapy to restore its original colour. It is expected the dome will be covered in iron scaffolding during the process which is expected to last a year.
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 January 2017 to 31 December 2017. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2018 - 31 December 2018
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Rajasthan Experience trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. An airport arrival transfer is included. Please provide your flight details at the time of booking.
2. A single supplement is available on this trip and is valid for all nights on tour with the exception of the camel safari in the Thar desert.
3. Your adventure begins with an important group meeting at 2 pm on Day 1.
4. Hot air balloon flights are operated by Sky Waltz in Jaipur. Flights operate mornings from September to June and morning and evening from September to March. Morning flights depart around sunrise and evening flights late afternoon and last 60 mins. Return transfers, tea and coffee plus light refreshments and a certificate of flight are included in the cost. You can register your interest and pay your tour leader at your joining meeting on day 1 of your trip. Payment must be made by cash in either INR/AUD/USD/GBP only and is USD$250pp (subject to change). Flights are subject to weather conditions and tickets are fully refundable in case of poor weather.
5. The main dome on the Taj Mahal will undergo mud pack therapy due to begin in April 2017. It is likely the entire dome will be obscured by iron scaffolding. Portions of the white marble façade will be covered in mud and plastic sheets during the cleaning process. The restorations will be carried out in sections and the work on the dome is expected to last one year.
Our Rajasthan Experience trips score an average of 4.84 out of 5 based on 80 reviews in the last year.
I really enjoyed my intrepid tour in India in February this year. As a solo female traveller, I was a little worried about going to India on my own. I felt very welcomed by our tour guide. Got to see alot of Iconic places in this tour and received good information from your guide. His knowledge was very good and my favourite place was the beautiful Taj Mahal. Chandra (the tour guide) made us feel safe 100% of the time and really made the tour fun. There was only one hotel which I would recommend the company to change and that was the first one in Delhi as I could smell smoke and I felt no ombiance. However, we had alot of nice surprises with accommodation along the way which was great. I would be more than happy to recommend this tour to family or friends.
Review submitted 30 Jul 2017
It sounds obvious but India is very different to what we're use to, so you do need to remind yourself to not only have patience but accept what you experience, as mostly beautiful but also sometimes shocking. Take a week off work after your trip to recover, it's a full-on assault on the senses and is exhausting!
Review submitted 07 May 2017