How did 11 mates end up making tracks across Africa with Intrepid? They must have friends in high places! Well, not exactly. But as friends of Intrepid on Facebook they entered our African Adventure comp in January – and won!
So it came to pass that these adventurous amigos recently embarked on our Road to Zanzibar trip, and kept us all entertained (and more than a little jealous) with tales from the trail. Here are their Top Five highlights from the trip…
- Rising early to drive to Arusha, the ‘Gateway to the Serengeti’, and being rewarded with a surprise zebra sighting.
- Sharing a tasty traditional meal with locals in the Mto Wa Abu community.
- Getting up close and personal with Africa’s Big Five in the vast, abundant landscape of Ngorongoro Crater.
- Enjoying a personal experience of a different kind – spending two days at the Intrepid Foundation-supported Amani Children’s Home. As Nathaniel recalls it, “The experiences of the last two days have changed my perception of life. The people were beautiful.”
- Blissing out on the pristine beaches of Zanzibar – hello fruity cocktails!
“Wow, what an amazing experience! Definitely would love to go back! Anyone thinking about going – DO NOT HESITATE. GOOOO already! – Kelli Schmidt-Barker
“Intrepid Travel outdid itself on this trip! Everyday has been great. We got the best guide, cook and driver in the country… I have just been amazed at everything I have seen. This is the only way to go on vacation!” – Charlie Sams
And the final word goes to Nathan Loveless, “Saw the Big Five in the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater, took a plunge off a 40ft waterfall, played soccer with the kids from Amani, drank homemade banana beer… heard hyenas throughout the night, and so much more!”
So do you wanna be friends with us now, or what? See our Facebook page to find out what we are giving away next!