Intrepid’s Chotie Moloney was staying with friends on the Coral Coast in Fiji when she first tasted Banana Cassava Cake and simply had to have the recipe…
“Their housekeeper was a marvelous cook, and the daughter of a chief, so you entered the kitchen at your own peril! This cake is so moist – you will love it.”
Banana Cassava Cake
A really simple cake recipe with 4 main ingredients. Delicious served warm with a scoop of ice-cream or cold. Look for the cassava and coconut cream in large supermarkets, or smaller specialty grocery stores.
1 tbsp Sugar
1 cup Coconut Cream (be sure to use coconut cream; not coconut milk)
4 mashed bananas
750g to 1kg of fresh Cassava, peeled and grated
1. Preheat the oven 350 F and lightly oil an 8 inch square cake pan.
2. Beat the coconut cream and sugar together.
3. Add the mashed bananas and mix thoroughly
4. Add the grated cassava and mix thoroughly.
5. Pour into cake pan and bake for about 45 minutes until the top is a golden colour.