The mightiest mountain of them all waits for you
This is an unforgettable expedition into the most mountainous corner of the world. First conquered by Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary in 1953, Everest is the ultimate goal for mountaineers and adventure seekers. Become one of the people who can say they’ve conquered the challenge of reaching Everest Base Camp. Flying into Lukla, explore the mountains and valleys around the towering peak, rest in Nepalese teahouses, visit monasteries, explore the stunning Gokyo Lakes region, learn about the traditions and cultures of the famous Sherpa and spend time in exotic Kathmandu.
Help Nepal get back on its feet by retuning to the country, and discover how Kathmandu still remains a legendary destination while the post earthquake rebuilding continues
Explore timeless Kathmandu
View the mighty Himalaya Mountain range on the flight to Lukla
Trek to Everest Base Camp, from where mountaineering climbs of the worlds highest peak begin
This is a strenuous trip with 16 days of treks that reach altitudes above 5,500m. Please ensure you understand the fitness requirements for this high altitude trek. You should be in good health and able to trek between 4 and 8 hours a day. Physical preparation before your trek will be a definite advantage.
Please carefully read all trip information to gauge your fitness and suitability for this trip.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Everest Base Camp & Gokyo Lakes trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A very good level of fitness is required. You will be trekking on hilly terrain, generally on well-defined paths, walking anywhere between 2-7 hours per day, on average about 5 hours a day. Altitude may exceed 5545 metres.
2. This trip starts at 2pm on day 1 with a joining meeting. This allows time to explore Kathmandu after the meeting.
3. Due to the demands of travelling at high altitudes a Passenger Self Assessment Form is required for this trip.
4. A single supplement is available on this trip. A single room is only available for nights 1, 18 and 19 in Kathmandu. Trekking tea houses do not have enough rooms for single supplements when trekking.
5. Please bring 2 passport sized photos to your joining meeting.
6. Please see important note about extreme weather, flight cancellations to/from Lukla and insurance claims.
Our Everest Base Camp & Gokyo Lakes trips score an average of 4.8 out of 5 based on 5 reviews in the last year.
Fantastic trip, guides where awesome. Highly recommend.
Review submitted 08 May 2017
The trek was a wonderful experience. Intrepid has put together a well-paced program that allows for good acclimatisation that facilitates trekkers getting the most from the magnificent natural beauty of the Gokyo and Khumbu valleys. The trek takes your breath away!
Review submitted 04 May 2017