Enjoy an African adventure from Kenya to Cape Town.
Travel from Kenya to Cape Town through some of Africa’s most incredible sights on this jaw-dropping overland journey. Explore Kenya’s bustling capital, keep your eyes open for the Big Five – elephants, rhinos, buffalo, lions and leopards – in the vast savannas of the Serengeti, hike through lush mountain terrain and traverse sprawling desert plains. Sample exotic flavours, meet some of the friendliest people on the planet, and prepare for an unforgettable escapade on this incredible African adventure.
Explore the stunning Serengeti and discover a wildlife arena such as you have never seen
Embark on a safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an open-roof 4WD for a chance to see the rare black rhino
Chill out on the northern beaches of Zanzibar, enjoying white sands and the sparkling blue of the Indian Ocean
Discover the largest ruins in sub-Saharan Africa. A UNESCO World Heritage site, the ruined city was first constructed in the 11th century and is thought to be a royal palace for the Zimbabwean monarch.
Feel the power of mighty Victoria Falls as view them from the Zimbabwe side
Camp out in the lush Okavango Delta and enjoy mokoro rides and bushwalks
Learn about the hunter-gatherer traditions of the San Bushmen outside of Grootfontein
Slide down a hot sand dune in Sesriem
Camp in the Serengeti National Park itself without fences between you and the animals. Your leader will brief you on the safety measures the group will need to take for the 2 nights spent in the park.
At Usambara Mountains the group will do a an easy hike to the beautiful Irente viewpoint.
We use mokoros (small dugout canoes) to pass through the shallow waterways of the Okavango Delta to get to our campsite for the night.
We use our purpose-built overland vehicles for the duration of this trip. This multi-purpose truck allows for great game viewing with large sliding windows. As such the trucks do not have air-conditioning and conditions can be dusty and hot.
The overland vehicle is large enough to seat up to 22 passengers and carries all the camping equipment needed for the duration of this trip. Therefore the going can be slow over the long distances and often bumpy roads.
This is a participatory camping trip. You will be expected to set up and take down you own tent as well as assist with food preparation and cleaning.
Some passengers on this trip will have been travelling together prior to the start of your trip.
1. A single supplement is available on this trip. Please see your booking agent for further information. Please note, the single supplement is not available on nights 40 to 42 in Swakopmund.
2. An optional sunrise balloon ride in the Serengeti National Park is possible on this itinerary. Please see the itinerary above for full details of this activity. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to book this optional activity.
3. This is a combination trip made up of 3 shorter trips. This means the composition of your group may change in Stone Town and Victoria Falls as some group members leave and new ones join you.
4. The Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than the maximum group size of 22 as we have a crossover of trips starting and finishing in Zanzibar.
5. This trip finishes upon arrival at our finish point hotel in Cape Town on Day 48. Please do not book any flights until after 7pm this evening.
Our Kenya to Cape Town trips score an average of 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews in the last year.
This trip is intense, exciting, and eye opening. Starting with Ngorongoro Crater, the Serengeti, and moving to the slopes of Kilimanjaro, with a relaxing finish in Zanzibar, it will change your view of East Africa.
Review submitted 15 Feb 2017
Intrepid runs excellent trips off the beaten path which are well run using experienced staff.
Review submitted 24 Jan 2017