Some initiatives include:
- Providing training to all our leaders on safety and social issues in the areas they operate to help them educate our passengers on matters such as local customs, cultural etiquette, religion, prostitution and child safety.
- Providing HIV/AIDS training to our staff and leaders in high-risk regions.
- Working in partnership with child protection organisations such as ECPAT, ChildWise and ChildSafe Asia, to help protect children in our destinations. Read our ChildSafe Traveller Tips.
- Employment and supplier policies which support and encourage fair practices. Read our Porter Policies.
- Providing support for many grassroot not-for-profit organisations globally to help advance local communities through The Intrepid Foundation.
- All Intrepid companies have specific annual goals to increase annual donations to The Intrepid Foundation.
- Visits to community projects on trips to raise awareness and engage passenger support for the projects.
- Organising guest speakers to regularly speak at our stores and offices to help raise awareness on various social sustainability topics.