›You are hereHome›Middle East
Top highlights of Middle East
- Camp among the endless dunes of the Sahara
- Visit the Pyramids of Giza and the Valley of the Kings
- Search for a bargain in Cairo's souqs
- Explore the busy streets of Tehran
- Ponder life in Persepolis
- Take in the modern vibes of Tel Aviv
- Visit the holy city of Jerusalem
- Float in the salty waters of the Dead Sea
- Bask in the glow of Petra's rose-coloured facade
- Drift down the Nile on a felucca
- Snorkel in the Red Sea
- Discover the charms of ancient Damascus
- Search for castles in Syria
- Uncover history at the intriguing ruins of Palmyra
- Experience cosmopolitan Amman
- Find hidden gems in the backstreets of Istanbul
- Take a safari through Wadi Rum
- Marvel at the mosaics of Madaba
Travel to Middle East with Intrepid
The world's three largest religions (Christianity, Islam and Judaism) all originated in the Middle East
A golden land of pyramids and oases, the Middle East blends its ancient past with a bright, contemporary future. Whether it’s the mystery of the Great Pyramids, the magical Blue Mosque or the jaw-dropping city of Petra, these storied sands hold some of the most significant treasures on the planet. Alongside iconic monuments lie thriving urban centres with colourful Cairo, bustling Beirut and the holy city of Jerusalem offering all the hallmarks of modern life, plus mouth-watering local cuisines to tempt at every corner. Despite its pious spirit and rich traditions, the Middle East remains one of the world's most misunderstood destinations. Yet for those with the good sense to look past the pessimism, this region is full of gracious, hospitable and friendly folk living together in a land of incredible diversity. From the ancient ruins of Persepolis to the modern city of Amman, the Middle East is a truly unique destination that will enchant the mind and invigorate the senses.
Destinations in Middle East
Our small group style of travel means you’ll stay under the radar, travel the local way, eat the local way and sleep the local way.
Small groups, big adventures.
Create your account today to manage your subscriptions and user preferences in one place.
Your travel home online.
Log in here
For groups of all sizes, organise a special departure of one of our pre-existing adventures, or tailor-make an itinerary to one of our destinations around the world.