The Intrepid Kili Climb follows the popular Marangu Route to Mt Kilimanjaro, which is the only route serviced by mountain huts. With the help and support of experienced guides and porters, take the most direct path to the summit, starting the climb through forests and alpine meadows, then progress over rocky ravines and past lunar landscapes to reach the spectacular summit of Africa's highest peak.
- Challenge yourself and conquer all 5,895 metres of mighty Mt Kilimanjaro!
- Walk through surreal hanging forests and unusual moonscapes
- Gaze out over Tanzania's rolling plains at sunrise
- Hike Kilimanjaro's climactic last stretch by lamplight
- Achievable fundraising target of AUD 1500
- Celebrate both an incredible accomplishment and your fundraising prowess
- Take the opportunity to visit the inspiring Village Education Project Kilimanjaro, an Intrepid Foundation-supported project
Day 1 - Marangu Hotel
Day 2 - Marangu - Visit VEPK
Day 3 - Mandara Hut (2725m)
Day 4 - Horombo Hut (3780m)
Day 5 - Kibo Hut (4740m) - Uhuru Peak/Summit (5896m)
Day 6 - Horombo Hut (3780m)
Days 7 & 8 - Marangu Hotel
See a detailed itinerary in the itinerary section of the Trip Notes