Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A
PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR
CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
As a condition of participating in this contest, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Intrepid Travel and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the contest or these Official Rules.
Terms & Conditions
Intrepid Travel Pty Ltd
Conditions of Entry and Eligibility
1. Intrepid Travel North America, 201 N. 1st st, Petaluma, CA, USA (Promoter)
2. Any willing and eligible participant in the competition
1. Theme and Conditions of Entry
Participation in Intrepid Travel’s Earth Day contest is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
The Competition is open to people aged 18 and over, except employees of the Intrepid Travel (or related bodies corporate), and members of their immediate families and agencies associated with this Competition.
3. Dates of Competition
The competition commences April 22, 2015 and ends on April 23, 2015.
(a) Entries may not be acknowledged or returned.
The winner will be chosen by Intrepid Travel. All submissions will be reviewed and be eligable to win. The winner will be selected based on the quality and relevance of their pledge, which will be determined by Intrepid Travel.
5. Number of Entries & Type of File
There is no limit on contest entry. All required information must be provided by participants.
6. Incomplete, Illegible or Incomprehensible Entries
Any entries, which at the sole discretion of the Promoter are deemed incomplete, illegible or incomprehensible will be invalid and will not be included in the contest.
7. Verification and Disqualification
The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and participants (including a participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any participant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. Entry Method
To enter, participants must accept the terms and conditions of this competition and:
a) Submit the required information in the entry form
9. Prize Winners and Prizes
(a) The winner will be chosen at random and contacted by Intrepid Travel via email.
1. The prize is for one spots on the Ecuador on a Shoestring trip GGRU.
2. This prize cannot be redeemed during the following black out periods. For trips in all countries from 15th December 2015- 31st December 2015 Europe, North America and East Africa trips 30th July 2015 – 30th September 2015
3. This prize cannot be used on existing bookings or in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
4. It is not transferable and is not redeemable for cash or exchange.
5. Not included in the prize is the airfare, arrival tax, departure tax, any additional meals, any additional accommodation and your spending money, trip kitty (Africa only) or any travel visas required.
6. Prize is only valid for Intrepid operated trips not those run by local partners such as Peregrine, Geckos, Dragoman, Trek America and Exodus.
7. The trip is subject to availability and confirmation by Intrepid Travel and must be taken on or before 31 July 2016. No extension is available.
8. Please refer to the booking conditions available here at http://www.intrepidtravel.com/booking-intrepid/booking-conditions
9. Prize redemption and trip booking must be made directly with Intrepid
10. A minimum number of paying travelers (4) is required before a trip can be confirmed; this is regardless of the normal trip minimum number. Travel is subject to booking availability.
11. The trip must be booked by October 31, 2015 otherwise it will be deemed to be forfeited by the winner. Please refer to Intrepid's Booking Conditions at www.intrepidtravel.com - standard booking conditions apply.
12. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either provide an alternative travel destination to the same value as the original prize or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
13. Contacting Winners
(a) The winner(s) will be contacted by email, using the contact details provided in their entry profile. Details of winner(s) may also be published openly through the Promoter’s email, newsletter and the website
(b) Winners will not unreasonably decline the opportunity for additional publicity or promotion of their work as the winning entries
By entering the Competition, each participant warrants to the Promoter that the entry (including but not limited to the photograph provided) and any other work subsequently submitted is an original artistic work of the participant, has not been wholly or partially copied from any other design or artistic work, and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. The participant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition. Talent release forms must be available on request for any photos containing persons.
15. Ownership of Entries
By submitting the photographs (i) you are agreeing to grant Intrepid Travel (and its providers and affiliates) a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence without charge to use, reproduce, publish and display any or all of their entry or entries for use in marketing materials pertaining to the promotion it's product, services or other promotions.
Each winning entry will receive a prize pack and in return grants Intrepid Travel (and its providers and affiliates) a non-exclusive worldwide license to use any of their entries in any media, including publication on the Promoter’s (and its providers and affiliates) website for an unlimited time for the purposes of promoting its products, services or other promotions.
Each Eligible Entrant grants Intrepid Travel the right to request at any time during or reasonably after the Promotion for a non-exclusive worldwide license to use any of their entries in any media, including publication on the Promoter’s (and its providers and affiliates) website for an unlimited time for the purposes of promoting its products, services or other promotions. The Promoter will compensate each Eligible Entrant AUD$50 travel voucher for each entry so used, in return for this license.
16. Personal Information
The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this competition is governed by the Privacy Laws of North America and Canada. Your personal information shall not be provided to any third parties without your prior consent but you do authorize the Promoter to be able to contact you with information pertaining to the competition or related promotions.