Discover West Africa on an adventure departing from Ghana
This remarkable trip through Ghana, Togo and Benin boasts all of the best bits of these three diverse and fascinating West African countries. From the butterfly sanctuary of Mount Klouto to the ancient voodoo culture of Ouidah and the unbelievable two-storey mud huts of the Tammari people, there’s no shortage of authentic West African sights on this jaunt. Journeying from Ghana by truck and bush camping along the way presents bucketloads of opportunities to really appreciate the stunning landscapes and diverse scenery of this part of the continent. Wildlife lovers will be thrilled at the chance to witness elephants, hippos, buffalos and some of the last populations of West African lions in Pendjari National Park, while chill-seekers will get their kicks lazing on the lovely beaches of Grand Popo. This comprehensive 21-day adventure showcases these three wonderful countries and offers an unrivalled way to experience a healthy slice of West African life.
TRIP CHANGES IN 2018:
• 1 night taken out of Yamoussoukro and an extra night added in Grand Bassam
• Day 7 – bush camp taken out and replaced with extra night in Abomey
Watch street musicians and acrobats in Accra
Visit Lake Volta, the largest man-made lake in the world
Explore the dense forest around Mount Klouto
Discover the incredible two-storey mud huts of the Tammari people
Witness some of the last populations of West African lions
Travel across Lake Togo on a pirogue dugout canoe trip
Meet local fisherman on Benin’s Grand Popo beaches
1. Please note that this trip requires minimum numbers to depart, and may be cancelled up until 56 days prior to departure. The places showing on the dates and availability page are an indication only so please contact Intrepid to check if your preferred date will depart before making any final arrangements, such as booking non-changeable flights.
2. A single supplement is not available for this trip.
3. This trip is run by our experienced overland partner Dragoman
Our Ghana, Togo & Benin trips score an average of 5 out of 5 based on 1 review in the last year.
Fantastic trip through Ghana, Togo and Benin, with a really variety of things to see and do. Even the drive days are fantastic to see everyday life happening around you and absorb the culture, which is relatively untouched by tourism. A real escape from first world problems (and wifi)!!
Review submitted 11 Mar 2017