- The Intrepid Experience
- About Intrepid
- Booking Intrepid
British Virgin Islands Sailing
- 2013-07-01 - 2014-12-31
Sail the Caribbean seas on a British Virgin Islands sailing adventure
Life sounds pretty darn good when your day's biggest dilemma is deciding which deserted island to check out next. But this isn’t some strange far-off mirage – the British Virgin Islands happen to be the latest destination in the Intrepid Sailing catalogue. Discover for yourself the world-renowned beauty of this fabulous archipelago on a one-week high sea adventure that will have you snorkelling, hiking and settling into the slow-paced Caribbean way of life. Navigate The Baths of Virgin Gorda, swim among sea-turtles in Dead Man's Bay, laze on pure white sands and take in sunsets supreme from any number of atmospheric drinking holes. This week-long Caribbean Sailing adventure really is as idyllic as getaways get.
British Virgin Islands Sailing SummaryAdd to Shortlist
Settle into this British Virgin Island sailing tour with a snorkel around The Caves. Dive through caverns and grottos to spot octopuses, stingrays and maybe even a pod of dolphins! Afterwards, jump ship to The Willy-T. It will be a night to remember, but most likely forgotten, where the Caribbean rum flows fast and the reggae jams pump through the night.
Hangovers be damned, it’s time to set sail! Snorkel the Indians and swim with the sea turtles. Then head to Salt Island in search of the HMS Rhone, the most perfectly preserved shipwreck in the Caribbean. Anchor at Cooper Island and sip rum punch at the Cooper Island Beach Club among the fragrant frangipanis - the perfect British Virgin Islands sailing experience.
Named ‘The Fat Virgin’ due to its undulating, curvaceous rock formations, The Baths are a top tourist destination on British Virgin Islands sailing trips. Situated 2 km off the coast, explore the dark caverns and rocky boulders of this peculiar geological creation. Richard Branson thought it was so awesome he bought his own island right off the Gorda.
Another day, another island paradise as you continue to explore the British Virgin Islands. Spend a day marooned on a deserted island, snorkel lush marine seabeds, or just soak up the surroundings of this popular pirate hangout.
Hike into the sunset or reacquaint yourself with a beach hammock, this is the place for some R&R. To sum it up, “Live de life, drink de beer!” says Foxy, owner of the most famous restaurant (and unofficial party king) of Jost Van Dyke.
Blackbeard found it first, but celebrities and tourists alike have been flocking to this band of islands like pirates to treasure. There is more great snorkelling and beach lounging to be had before an afternoon sail to Soper’s Hole in Tortola. If the time is right, party full-moon style, and with a little liquid courage in tow, master the rhythm of reggae.
Return to the charter base at Tortola, where this fun-filled, sun-blessed adventure on the high seas draws to an end.
What's included in this trip
20% OFF Caribbean Sailing
1. The 20% discount will automatically be applied to your booking for all departures before 31st December.
2. The discount is only valid on the ITMA - St Vincent Sailing ITMB - British Virgin Islands
3. The offer applies to bookings made between 18th September 2013 – 13th November 2013 for travel commencing on or prior to 31st December 2013.
4. The discounts can be applied to new bookings only. Under no circumstances will the discounts be applied to existing bookings.
5. A deposit of AUD/NZD/USD/CAD/CHF250, GBP150, EUR200 and ZAR2000 is required at the time of booking. For those not residing in the above mentioned countries a deposit of USD$250 is required.
6. Full payment is required at least 60 days prior to travel.
7. There will be no extensions to the travel, booking or payment periods listed above.
8. The 20% discount cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other offers.
9. The discount can be applied Intrepid group trips, and cannot be applied to airfares, trip kitties, travel insurance, extra accommodation, single supplements or visas etc.
10. Intrepid Travel's Booking Conditions will also apply to the trip booked, and it is imperative that you examine those conditions before booking with Intrepid Travel. The most up to date Booking Conditions are accessible at http://www.intrepidtravel.com/booking-intrepid/booking-conditions
11. As outlined in the Intrepid Travel Booking Conditions, travel insurance is compulsory for all Intrepid Travel travellers and should be taken out prior to or at the time of booking. Please see the Booking Conditions for more details in this regard.
12. The trip is subject to availability and confirmation by Intrepid Travel at time of booking.
13. Trip prices and itineraries are subject to change at any time, including after booking. If there is a significant price change to a trip that is outside the control of Intrepid Travel (for example a significant increase in third party service provider costs), travellers may need to be re-invoiced at the new price. Promotions & discounts will still apply to the new price.