If you would like an Intrepid Real Life experience but prefer to travel with your own private group, our Private Groups Department can help.
For groups of all sizes, we can organise a special departure of one of our 1,000+ pre-designed adventures, or tailor-make an Intrepid-style itinerary to one of our destinations around the world. Special interests or requirements? No problem! We can customize the itinerary and activities just for you by giving your trip an educational, physical or even historical focus!
- Custom or pre-designed itineraries: Tailor-make your own itinerary or choose from one of our pre-existing departures.
- Pick your style: We can customize your trip style. From comfort accommodation to backpacking, we can do it all.
- Personalized attention: Our private group coordinators take the hassle out of planning. We will take care of all the little details and be that one stop shop for the trip, your airfare, travel insurance, and all the rest of your travel needs.
- Exclusive departures and dates: You pick your dates, your itinerary, and your level of activity. We can include as much or as little as you want and our trips will always include one of our amazing local leaders!
Our most popular trips for private groups
How to book a private group
If you’re looking for a private departure of one of our existing group trips, search the website for one of our 1,000+ itineraries and let us know which one you’re interested in.
If you’d like us to create a tailor-made itinerary just for you, we can either start from scratch, with a few ideas from you as to what you’d like us to include, or use one of our suggested itineraries as a start. They’ve all been planned by our team of specialists to make sure you experience the country’s highlights and hidden treasures.
Fill out our online form, giving us a few details on what you’d like from your holiday and we will take it from there. We’ll call or email you back as soon as possible to discuss your requirements in detail
If you've chosen a private booking of a pre-existing itinerary, you can simply sit back and relax while we make sure we can deliver on the date you wish to travel. The idea is that you will experience the itinerary as many others have enjoyed it before you, but sharing those special moments just between you and your friends.
If you’re creating your very own tailor-made holiday, your specialist will work with you to design your trip – choosing your international flights (if required), hand-picking accommodation, working out how best to get between each destination and finding those distinctive experiences to show you the real side of the country you’re visiting. We can guide you as much or as little as you want and we will keep tweaking it with your feedback until it’s just perfect.
We’ll give you a detailed itinerary, inclusions and price so you can see exactly what you’re getting.
Once you’re happy with your trip, we will take a deposit and start to confirm all of your holiday arrangements. We will keep you up-to-date as we put the finishing touches to your trip of a lifetime.
If you’ve got questions at any time, you can always call your personal specialist who will be looking after your booking from start to finish. They will know all about your holiday and be able to answer or find out anything you may wish to know. We will send you final information about your trip about three weeks before departure.
Your trip will be run by one of our close network of local suppliers. They will do everything they can to make sure your holiday is perfect, and you’ll also have the back-up of a 24/7 global operation. Our on-the-ground team, leaders and guides really are second-to-none.
Frequently asked questions
The key differences are flexibility and exclusivity. On a standard group tour you travel on a set date and itinerary with a small group of fellow travellers who you may not know. With a private group tour, you can choose one of our existing itineraries and set a departure date that suits you instead. You can also ask us to tweak an existing itinerary (just in case you want to take a detour), or tailor a completely new itinerary just for you. Your private group tour is then exclusively available for your family and friends to join.
To make a private group booking we only require a minimum of two travellers, but as they say: the more the merrier. The more guests that book on your private group tour, the less it costs per person. Please keep in mind that there are some destinations around the world (such as a safari in Africa), where the logistics of operating a trip for a smaller number of people may be cost-prohibitive.
This will depend on the itinerary you choose and how many passengers will be travelling with you. Generally, if you were to pick an existing itinerary to run privately for a group of 6 or more, the price will start to become cheaper in comparison to our normal publicly available group trips.
Our minimum age for travel is generally 5 years old. However, depending on the destination and activities you wish to include this can be flexible. We don’t have a maximum age, as long as you are fit and healthy!
The quote for private group tours does not include the cost of:
- International Flights: We can provide a separate quote for international airfares if departing from Australia.
- Visas: If you’re booking a private group tour through Intrepid, and you’re travelling with an Australian passport, we can quote your visa requirements separately. Alternatively, visit your government’s official international travel website for more details about visa requirements.
- Medical Travel Insurance: If you’re departing from Australia, we can also assist with arranging your medical travel insurance. Alternatively, you can visit our travel insurance partner Travel Guard for information.
We can include the cost of a free of charge (FOC) spot with any quote. The cost of this spot will then be averaged out amongst the paying passengers. Please advise us when requesting a price quote whether you’ll need any FOC spots for your trip.
A quote for a pre-designed itinerary will generally take 4-5 business days. A quote for a custom designed itinerary may take up to 5-10 business days or more depending the complexity of the itinerary and the destination you’re traveling to.