Explore the wilds of East Africa from Nairobi to Victoria Falls.
Take in the very best of the African wilds on this action-packed journey from Kenya to Zambia. Starting in Nairobi, travel to the vast plains of the Serengeti and watch as elephants, giraffe and lions traverse the savanna; hike the lush Usambara Mountains while local children call “mzungu, mzungu!” (Swahili for “foreigner” or “one who moves around”) as you pass; and finish up admiring the breathtaking beauty of Zanzibar’s pristine beaches. Explore some of the world’s most iconic wildlife parks, visit ancient ruins and delight in some of the friendliest cultures on earth on this magnificent journey across Africa.
Commit to your dream trip for just a $1 depositTerms & Conditions
Explore the stunning Serengeti and discover animals unlike any you have ever seen
Partake in community activities in Mto wa Mbu with a guided stroll around the farming areas
Embark on a safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater in an open roof safari 4x4 for a chance to see a Black Rhino.
Chill out on the northern beaches of Zanzibar enjoying white sand and sparkling blue sea of the Indian Ocean
Discover the largest ruins in sub-Saharan Africa. A Unesco World Heritage site, the ruined city was first constructed in the 11th century and is thought to be a royal palace for the Zimbabwean monarch.
Feel the power of mighty Victoria Falls as view them from the Zimbabwe side
Travel with 3 local crew members; Group leader, driver and cook.
Camp in the Serengeti National Park itself without fences between you and the animals. Your leader will brief you on the safety measures the group will need to take for the 2 nights spent in the park.
At Usambara Mountains the group will do a an easy hike to the beautiful Irente viewpoint.
We use our purpose-built overland vehicles for the duration of this trip. This multi-purpose truck allows for great game viewing with large sliding windows. As such the trucks do not have air-conditioning and conditions can be dusty and hot.
The overland vehicle is large enough to seat up to 22 passengers and carries all the camping equipment needed for the duration of this trip. Therefore the going can be slow over the long distances and often bumpy roads.
This is a participatory camping trip. You will be expected to set up and take down you own tent as well as assist with food preparation and cleaning.
Some passengers on this trip will have been travelling together prior to the start of your trip.
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 January 2017 to 31 December 2017. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2018 - 31 December 2018
1. A single supplement is available on this trip. Please speak to you booking agent for further information.
2. An optional sunrise balloon ride in the Serengeti National Park is possible on this itinerary. Please see the itinerary above for full details of this activity. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to book this optional activity.
3. This is a combination trip made up of 2 shorter trips. This means the composition of your group may change in Stone Town as some group members leave and new ones join you.
4. Please note the Zanzibar portion of your itinerary may have a few more passengers than the maximum group size of 22 as we have a crossover of trips starting and finishing in Zanzibar.
5. This trip finishes in Vic Falls after breakfast on Day 27. However, if you wish to enjoy some of the optional activities on offer perhaps consider an evening flight or an additional night here.
Our Kenya to Vic Falls trips score an average of 4.92 out of 5 based on 24 reviews in the last year.
Overland travel allows for soaking up culture, environment and wildlife in an equally exciting and awe-inspiring way. Our tour guide Nash made a special effort to find out what our special interests were and was able to made us all feel like family after a short time. We were spoilt by everything Africa has to offer, whether it was in the trip notes or not - an unforgettable adventure!
Review submitted 23 Jul 2017
This is a relatively economic way to explore Africa. Even though we are mostly camping, it is very comfortable. The crew is fantastic - food is always tasty and plenty; the driver's driving skill is excellent and the group leader shares with us lots of lovely and good stuff. I like the itinerary very much - during the 27-day trip I was able to see lots of animals and unique African landscape and witness the lives & culture of some local people. I highly recommend this trip.
Review submitted 23 Jul 2017