Travel through the untouched beauty and fascinating culture of Ethiopia
Travel to Ethiopia and discover a beautiful country, barely touched by modern society. Visit the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela and the rugged landscapes of the Simien Mountains. Discover the ancient history on display at Aksum and relax among the vibrant culture in Gonder. This is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and travelling in Ethiopia is an experience not to be missed.
TRIP CHANGES 2018:
• Bush Camp taken out between Debark and Axum
• 2 nights added Danakil Depression and 2 nights in Mekele ( Bush Camp in Woldiya also removed )
• 1 night removed from Addis
Commit to your dream trip for just a $1 depositTerms & Conditions
Indulge in a sweet Ethiopian coffee in Addis Ababa
Explore the spectacular Blue Nile Falls
Discover the ornate history of Gondar
Travel through Ethiopia’s rugged scenery
Trek in the spectacular Simien Mountains
Discover the rock-hewn churches of Lalibela
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Ethiopian Highlands trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please note that this trip requires minimum numbers to depart, and may be cancelled up until 56 days prior to departure. The places showing on the dates and availability page are an indication only so please contact Intrepid to check if your preferred date will depart before making any final arrangements, such as booking non-changeable flights.
2. A single supplement is not available for this trip.
3. This trip is run by our experienced overland partner Dragoman
We recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on travelling in Ethiopia before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page - www.intrepidtravel.com/au/travel-alerts
Our Ethiopian Highlands trips score an average of 3.5 out of 5 based on 2 reviews in the last year.
Don't take much with you - you won't need a lot on this trip. Prepare yourself for some very basic accommodation but breath-taking landscape. People are sometimes very rude and enjoying / constant hassle and begging. I didn't expect that. When visiting the merkato in Addis make sure you don't go alone. It is a place full of pickpockets! The trip challenged me on various levels and I can recommend this for anyone who would like to stop dealing with first world problems and experience a country of amazing beauty.
Review submitted 24 May 2016