Distinctive and remote, Bhutan offers beauty, history and adventure by the bucketload.
Bhutan is the little secret of Asia. Overshadowed and nestled between China and India, it is a relatively new travel spot, with many undiscovered secrets in its natural scenery and quiet townships. The land is dotted with red-clothed monks, ancient Buddhist temples and friendly smiles. It is one calm country, where gross national happiness is more important than money, where chillies are used as a vegetable rather than for spice, and the thunder dragon, Druk, is emblazoned on the national flag, symbolising the people of Bhutan: loyal, patriotic and living with a total sense of belonging within the kingdom.
Commit to your dream trip for just a $1 depositTerms & Conditions
The happiest land on earth, Bhutan is a hidden paradise with no traffic lights, laws governing minimum forest coverage and some amazing feats of archery.
Only a small number of visitors are allowed into Bhutan each year. Its pretty special.
The climb to Tigers nest while tough, is a richly rewarding and sobering experience
Whilst only a small country, there are long travel days in Bhutan, most roads are single lane and travel by vehicle is slow and tiring
The trek to Tigers nest is quite vigorous, but its well worth the climb.
Bhutan is at altitude, a day or two taking it easy makes for a much more comfortable trip. Drink tea and lots of water on arrival and don't do strenuous exercice.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Bhutan Discovered trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. An airport arrival and departure transfer is included in Bhutan.
2. Please provide Intrepid or your booking agent with a scanned colour copy of the personal details page from your passport at time of booking. Failure to do this delays group visa.
3. Please advise all international flight details at least 60 days prior to departure.
4. Please be aware that Bhutan's airlines are renowned for last minute changes to flight timetables into and out of Bhutan. Please allow a min of 6-8 hours transit time between your international flight and flight into Bhutan. Timetables are available on the Druk Airlines and Air Bhutan websites.
5. All travellers must arrive on Day 1 and depart on Day 7 to be eligible for a group visa. See Trip Notes for more details.
6. A single supplement is available on this trip and is applicable for all nights on tour. See under the Single Traveller section of your Trip Notes for more information..
Our Bhutan Discovered trips score an average of 5 out of 5 based on 1 review in the last year.
We needed our visa document to enter the Tiger Nest. The guide did have this document but because some people were faster and other were slower. When I got there, I did not have the visa document but one of the other traveler had it and that how I was able to get in. After a while the guide did come with the slower travelers and I did go up again with him to get the guided tour of the Tiger nest. I did see some people suffered from Altitude sickness. Maybe if travelers are not use to high altitude then they should get some climbs in before they go on the Bhutan tour and climb the Tiger nest. I saw three people that were affected by the altitude. I did learn from one of the other travelers that you needed the visa documents to enter the Tiger nest and it was listed
Review submitted 10 May 2017