Travel through Australia's tropical Top End, Red Centre and the Western MacDonnell ranges
Embark on a Northern Territory adventure, from Darwin to Alice Springs, taking in the region's biggest and best-known drawcards along the way. Head out croc spotting in the Mary River Wetlands and get a taste of the tropics in Kakadu National Park, Litchfield, and Katherine Gorge. Witness Uluru during a stunning sunrise, wander through the majestic canyons of Kata Tjuta and admire the views from. A region of exceptional landscapes and intriguing cultural attractions, this top-to-tail adventure of the Territory is a trip that will leave you with a profound appreciation of Australia's raw and rugged natural beauty.
Commit to your dream trip for just a $1 depositTerms & Conditions
- Get back to basics with this classic nine day overland adventure. Camp in premenant campsites with furnishings including proper beds, cooling fans and electricity.
- Fly from Darwin to Alice Springs instead of 24 hours on a bus
- Enjoy twin share motel accommodation in Darwin and Alice Springs
- Enjoy fully catered evening meals during your 3 nights in Kakadu, Litchfield, and Katherine
See the highlights and national parks of Australia's Northern Territory in rugged, authentic style
- Enjoy the flexibility of a private vehicle, the local knowledge of a passionate guide and the magic of camping under the great southern sky
- Get up early and see the sun rise over Uluru
- Learn about the ancient culture and traditions of the Limilngan-Wulna people as they invite you into their community with a traditional 'Welcome to Country'
- The Mary River Wetlands feature a wealth of wildlife, including the highest concentration of saltwater crocodiles in the southern hemisphere. Get up close to the snappy beasts on a billabong cruise
- Discover the wonders of Kakadu National Park and an optional flight over the escarpment
- This is a an Original style trip, covering the highlights of Australia's Northern Territory at a slightly slower pace
- You'll spend some nights of the trip sleeping in outback camping grounds. While tents are comfortable facilities can be basic, this is all part of the adventure. You'll also need to pitch in with preparing breakfast and lunch meals. This is part of the experience of travelling in a group.
- This trip requires a moderate level of fitness as it involves a lot of walking, allowing you to truly enjoy the surrounding nature. Some hikes are longer and more challenging than others. Please bring sturdy, comfortable walking shoes and comfortable clothing.
- Temperatures in the Top End be extreme. During the day the weather can be hot (and the Australian sun is strong) so please bring appropriate clothing, use sun protection and drink plenty of water. In the evenings temperatures really drop, so ensure you have base layers and warm clothing.
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 April 2017 to 31 March 2018. View the itinerary for departures between 01 April 2018 - 31 March 2019
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Northern Territory Encompassed Southbound trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Tour commences in Darwin on day 1 at approximately 06:40am and finishes in Alice Springs day 9 at approx 6pm. Onward travel to be booked the following day.
2. Trip also runs in reverse; see tour code POONC.
Our Northern Territory Encompassed Southbound trips score an average of 5 out of 5 based on 1 review in the last year.
What a wonderful experience! I just loved this trip. We swam in beautiful waterfalls, hiked over mountain ranges and explored desert landscapes. I also learned so much about Aboriginal culture and local flora and fauna. If you're looking for a taste of the Top End and Central Australia, then you'll love this trip.
Review submitted 19 Apr 2016