- The Intrepid Experience
- About Intrepid
- Booking Intrepid
Media - Media Releases
Intrepid Travel has launched a new range of food trips focussing on authentic, local, grassroots food experiences, offering travellers a well-priced alternative to traditional, high-end gourmet food tours.
The 28 trips will celebrate street fare, local specialties, secret home recipes, markets and urban food culture.
Some of the authentic food experiences include:
- A late-night taco trawl through the streets of Mexico City;
- Visiting one of the world’s wildest food markets, Beijing’s Donghuamen Night Market, where NOTHING is off the menu;
- Foraging for wild greens in a Turkish coastal town;
- Trying a traditional workers’ breakfast in Barcelona; and
- Learning secret recipes from a genuine Vietnamese masterchef in Ho Chi Minh City.
The trips have been designed to appeal to a broad range of travellers who want to combine their interest in food with a destination’s key travel highlights. As with other Intrepid trips, they will be led by a local leader who is passionate and knowledgeable about the local food scene. Group sizes will be kept to a maximum of 12 people to provide an intimate travel experience.
There will be three distinct trip styles in the range, ensuring a variety of prices to suit any budget:
- Real Food Adventures: 8–14 days in duration, these touring itineraries will showcase the ‘real food’ culture and customs of multiple regions within a single country. Destinations include China, Vietnam, Mexico, India, Spain and Turkey.
- Bite-size Breaks: 4–5 days in length, these short, centralised itineraries will focus on a single region and are ideal for a long weekend or short getaway. Destinations will include Tokyo, New Orleans, the Veneto region in Italy, as well as Bangkok and Chiang Mai.
- Urban Food Safaris: 2–4 hours in duration, these food crawls will offer a unique insight into some of the world’s most exciting food cities as well as emerging hotspots. Destinations include Paris, Athens, Kuala Lumpur, Los Angeles, Delhi and Hanoi.
First departures for Intrepid Travel’s food trips will take place in April and May 2013.
Visit www.intrepidtravel.com/food from 15 January 2013.
-ENDS-Tuesday, January 15, 2013
About Intrepid Travel
Intrepid Travel is one of the world's leading small group adventure tour operators. It offers authentic and fun experiences that give travellers the chance to get under the skin of the places they visit, with more than 1,000 itineraries to more than 100 countries worldwide. Intrepid Travel trips are designed to go off the beaten track, meet the locals and travel in an unconventional way, joining locals on their transport, in their markets and even in their homes.
For more information
For more information please visit www.intrepidtravel.com
Intrepid Express newsletter features stories from our travellers and staff, special offers and the chance to win a free trip every fortnight.Subscribe to Express today
Order a 2014 brochure
Africa to Antarctica, Trekking to Sailing, Food to Family trips - your next adventure starts with an Intrepid Travel brochure.Order a brochure